[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Primitive tech Monjolo edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

New vid is out.
He makes a water powered hammer in this episode.
https://youtu.be/i9TdoO2OVaA
>>
This thing is so awesome. I'm amazed at every video he makes.
>>
why hasn't he done footwear yet?
>>
>>1003581
This motherfucker is absolutely amazing. I would want him to be president if it didn't mean he'd have to stop making vids.
>>1003607
Dude would probably make some wild shit if/when he does. I wanna see him make a fucking car.
>>
>>1003581
>>1003586
When will the madman run out of stuff to make
>>
>>1003607
Because walking bare foot is healthy for your feet and can cure flatfoot.
>>
File: Based Woodsman.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Based Woodsman.png
2MB, 1440x900px
>tfw you will never be this based
Why even bother going outside?
>>
I thought it would strike stronger. It still looks like it would be useful to grind stuff while away, but it seems in this form it would be faster to just bash it with a rock / stick. It's cool as fuck though.
>>
>>1003626
I think the main advantage of having that is that you can passively hammer away at things while doing other stuff
>>
>>1003626
He comments on its practicality, saying that he will either modify this one or create a larger one.
>>
The work is very cool, the result is pretty shitty desu tho
>>
>>1003622
lol that's the shittiest idea I've ever heard ever.

>You're not the best at breathing ever, why even bother breathing?
>>
>>1003581
It kind of sucks.
In the ~20 hours it took him to make this, he could have pounded a huge amount of stuff by hand. At the rate it works, its going to take months to be time efficient, and that's assuming it doesn't require any maintenance or have any downtime.
That said, it doesn't really matter. It's a proof of concept primarily, just showing that primitive automation is not only possible but viable.
With more precise construction, a larger and more dished striking surface, and the upgrades he talked about in the description like a shed around it and a stone hammer it could have a pretty significant throughput. The amount of work required to get something worth the effort is probably more than a single person wants to bother with, but a primitive civilization would definitely want to have a few of these things going all the time, and that is the point of the channel more than anything.
>>
>>1003631
>>1003629
>>1003626
I was thinking the same thing. It's pretty awesome as a proof of concept though. I was thinking he could either put a bigger pestle/hammer on it (more surface area) like out of wood or somehing. Or he could potentially attach an axe head and have it slowly chop away. There seemed to be enough randomness to the pattern that it could effectively cut away at things
>>
>>1003634
Well I agree with that too. But I still breathe, still go /out/.
>>
>>1003637
I dunno. It seemed to be pretty accurately hitting the same spot over and over again.
It did sway quite a bit though, and I think it going into again during the hit decreased the power quite a bit.
>>
>>1003640
*going into the water again
Fuck me I should go to sleep
>>
>>1003626
If it was moved to a faster stream it would be faster. Even so, it's still saving human energy that can be used elsewhere.
>>
>>1003626
>>1003633

I agree. after the incredibly impressive building process I just expected a bit more from it than just crushing material you could easily do with a solid stone and your hands. outcome aside it was pretty awesome
>>
File: IMG_5874.jpg (24KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5874.jpg
24KB, 300x168px
Soon
>>
The pipe design was pretty interesting.

If he used the same hollow tree/tripod technique but started much higher up the waterfall, he could get enough kinetic energy for a really, really good forge.

All he needs to do is connect the water hammer to the bow on his forge blower.
>>
>>1003711
Nah.
Force= mass x change in velocity/change in time F=m(ΔV/ΔT)
Final Velocity= Initial velocity + acceleration and time. Vf=Vi + aT
He proved this with the little watermill thing. It spins faster towards the bottom of the water fall because the water is accelerated by gravity for longer.

I think what he needs though is not force, but more water faster. Since he did a pretty decent job of blocking off the water the only solution is to move to a bigger stream.

He could in theory, with a shit load of work have the stream push the water up a big ramp and have it fall down a long tube. The water would accelerate to a greater velocity and hit the machine harder. Don't think it would help but it'd be cool to see.
>>
>>1003746
It just occurred to me that the water velocity barely matters for the design he used, because the machine is pushed down by the weight of the water and not its velocity.

Still, I think even the relatively weak design he had would be useful for bellows.

I want him to make a pottery wheel.
>>
>>1003747
Yea, that's what I was trying to say (not clearly at all) by "not force, but more water faster".

I wanna see the motherfucker make a car. Or a gun. I guess a gun would be more feasible. I wanna see him kill shit with the gun. That would be cool.
>>
File: JFK.jpg (47KB, 695x643px) Image search: [Google]
JFK.jpg
47KB, 695x643px
>>1003636
Several stronger, larger versions would be make for a pretty decent water-mill to grind grain for a small community. Really useful for a community with limited access to a regular stone mill for grinding grain, or one in need of beating lots of things.This is some comfy thinking.
>>
You get to choose what this guy builds next.

What's it gonna be?
>>
>>1003766
a car
>>
>>1003626
Keep in mind he created this out of the main single component of a huge tree log. You can't really go bigger than this, there's no way to add weight to the design because he doesn't have strong enough materials to bind the extra weights or whatever to the log.

If he says he's going to try this again at a larger scale, I'd imagine it would be a completely different redesign.
>>
>>1003754
I'm patiently waiting for his moon shot attempt.
>>
>>1003773
I'm changing my vote to this. I wanna see that fuck make it to the moon w/ mud n vines n shit.
>>
>>1003766
Bloomery
Him getting real iron from marsh slime was fucking insane
I want to see him process a ton of the stuff and make a little knife or something
>>
>>1003800
I've wasted so much time designing a recuperator to allow him to build a more fuel efficient forge.
>>
Needs a rock hammer.

Then change where the pivot is. Shorten the end that collects the water, and lengthen the end that has the hammer. Though he will have to add to the water end to make sure enough weight of water can be collected to raise the hammer all the way up.
>>
>>1003766
boat so he can do some chill fishing
>>
>>1003794
He'll test his prototypes with abbos lol
He'll pay them in with rocket fuel they can sniff.
>>
File: 1468948915345.jpg (125KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
1468948915345.jpg
125KB, 1102x967px
>>1003766
a gf
>>
>>1003766
Aqueduct that leads to his house.
>>
>>1003803
Contact him and give him the plans.
>>1003936
Dude is cut, unless he's super autistic (which is a possibility) he can pull in some pussy.
>>
>>1003933
if anyone has the gif for the song where they're telling motherfuckers to not sniff gas, I'll pay you in 100000 reddit gold.
>>
>>1003622

Whats stopping you?

I've been doing similar shit since I was little, and while he takes some of it to the next level, it doesn't stop me from doing shit I enjoy.
>>
>>1003636

It wouldn't take 20 hours to build that, but I do tend to agree with you that its kinda worlthless.
>>
>>1004403
>unless he's super autistic
He's probably super autistic.
That said, he's also a youtube celebrity and probably makes bank off his videos, so there's always gold-diggers.
>>
>>1004436
By his own numbers, 8 hours to hollow out the trough, 4 to burn the axle hole and 4 to burn the hammer hole, which is 16 right there. There's probably at least 4 hours of other miscellaneous work getting it all put together. The adze took an hour.
>>
File: photo.jpg (68KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
68KB, 900x900px
Holy fuck you retards are actually eating away at my life span.

Read the fucking description on his video you turbo autistic obese faggots. Christ.
>>
>>1004428
Kek, now this I want to hear. I'll contribute 100 shill shekels for it.
>>1004436
You must be a real hit at parties you insufferable cunt.
>>1004513
I literally yelled out in joy "he made an adze!" when I saw it.
>>1004615
You don't have to read them, faggot. He puts those there for the benefit of his turbo autist audience. It's great that he goes into that kind of detail. You don't get that with the adhd "documentaries" now made by the likes of discovery channel or history channel. Hopefully it will inspire someone else to try. tl;dr get fucked, faggot
>>
>>1004462
>makes bank
>no ads
try again
>>
Great I can crack individual nuts at a mind-blowing rate of one per 30 seconds.
>>
>>1004462

> never says a word
> repeats the same action for long periods of time
> no social life since we've never actually seen him interact with anyone
> smart as heck
> lives innawoods

Yes probably autistic.
>>
Always a great watch.

My cat is enthralled by it. Probably the wilderness noises and simple movement of him doing stuff.
>>
>>1005540

I wish all autismos were like this.
>>
>>1005579
What, living in the woods? lol
>>1005479
I think he turned down discovery channel for a show because they would have changed the essence of how he films and presents his work, ie probably didn't want discovery to have shitty product placement and an obnoxious host that talks incessantly.
>>
>>1005597

I'd also take never saying a word.
>>
People who rely on Cairns are pussies who have no business in the wilderness. I make it a point to kick over every shitty trail marker I can find.

If you get lost because you don't have rocks to follow then you fucking deserve it.
>>
>>1003581

What, does YouTube not update subscriptions anymore?

At least pretend to have an opinion on it if you're going to start a whole circle jerk thread
>>
>>1005611
What the fuck does this have to do with anything in this thread?
>>
>>1005403
This is like the third video where he makes an axe.
>>
Is it possible to make clothing out of wood fibers the way he made his mats?
>>
>>1005629
it's pasta i think
>>
File: cp11002r.jpg (87KB, 640x527px) Image search: [Google]
cp11002r.jpg
87KB, 640x527px
>>1007211
Yeah, but it generally is only used for capes and stuff like that. Simple shapes that don't need much flexibility
And usually you've got access to a better material than rough wood like that. Woven grass or cedar bark or something is much more common.
>>
>>1003607
That would ruin the primitive/caveman aesthetic in his videos.
>>
>>1003936
>Dem feels

>>1004403
>he can pull in some pussy.
Yeah that's why he spends so much time building useless shit on the woods. Unless he can find a midget gf in straya cunt.
>>
>>1005597
>forest sages exist
>from time to time they go into rants about Sonic the hedgehog
>>
>>1003766
giant forest robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjTcReaOqQ0
>>
>>1004436
Read his blog, hollowing the end took 2 days, the pivot point and hammer head hole took 4.5 hours each. Then he doesn't say but the anvil stone took at least 3 hours
>>
>>1005797
Adze is not an axe.
>>
>>1003766
3T MRI machine
>>
>>1007244
Otzi Man's shoes.

>3300 BC
>>
>>1003607
He'd probably need leather, he's never used animal products yet

Bush that dense doesn't usually have kangaroos in it, there are possums but they're protected
>>
>>1007968
>3300 BC
The technology he's demonstrating isn't that advanced. If not for the small amount of iron that he managed to produce in one of his videos, he wouldn't even be close to the technology level in 3300 B.C.
>>
>>1007941
Toshiba makes mri machines, interesting. I wish they'd bring back their satellite series laptops.
>>1007968
The amount of information they got from him was amazing. Such an interesting find.
>>
>>1003766
Large Hadron Collider
>>
>itt hero worship

How quaint you boys are! Just the cutest!
>>
>>1008304
Found the jealous couchfag

Speaking positively about someone's work isn't hero worshipping.
>>
I imagine his next project is going to feature renovating his small house or building a new design out of wood, and some other skills he's shows in other videos.
>>
>>1008153
>>1008193
6000 BC Spain
>>
>>1010154
I remember seeing someone (Ray Mears?) Making shoes out of coconut shells and vines, he could do that I guess
>>
>>1003766
a woman
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.