[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For all in the forest industry, name a better helmet >pro-tip,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: protos-forest-header-white.jpg (142KB, 618x290px) Image search: [Google]
protos-forest-header-white.jpg
142KB, 618x290px
For all in the forest industry, name a better helmet
>pro-tip, you fucking can't
>>
I honestly just wear a baseball cap with a shield overtop.
>>
>>1003388
i wear a Husqvarna helmet with 3M Peltor Optime III muffs and a Peltor visor.
>>
>>1003388
Well i hope you don't work with a chainsaw then
>>
>>1003397
If you're at risk of a tree falling on your head then you're felling wrong
>>
>>1003399
It's not about a tree falling, it's about the top of a tree, branches, hell i know of a guy that a winch cable snapped and went through his mesh visor and helmet and he barely survived, if he hadn't worn a helmet, he'd be dead. There's also the whole deal of having the hearing protection and a visor to protect you from debris.
>>
>>1003399
trees can suffer from tonnes of stuff that can fuck shit up.
Ash dieback that leaves huge-ass trees hollow with less than 3'' of actual wood in splint?
trees with brittle cinder fungi? don't expect it to go in the direction of your face cut if there is even a slight lean to the side or back.
lets not forget about dead branches or generally just branches falling off when felling.

then there's the whole kickback thing with chainsaws in the first place.
we had one a couple of months back that had one without a helmet, and he has a nice scar going from his forehead to the chin now.

>>1003365
Got the Protoss Arborist (same as the normal really, just with the honey-comb inlay and removable chinstrap)
it's hands down the best helm i've ever worn, and probably ever will.
Would wish you could get radio earcups (not bluetooth with mic, they exist) for em though, it makes christmas tree season a lot more bearable.

Pfanner just makes good shit in general.
>Gladiator ventilation sawing-pants
>Klima-air Forst jacket
>Wool hunting gloves
>>
>>1003365
how do you deal with looking like megaman all the time tho
>>
>>1004398
Comes in white/grey if you want to look like a stormtrooper instead.

the low-profile and streamlining prevents it from being snagged or earcups being disengaged by branches and bushy growth and makes up for looking like a power-ranger.
>>
Every time I think to myself "why am I wearing a helmet?" something clocks me on the head hard enough for me to be glad that I was wearing one.
>>
>>1004228
It's a cool helmet but the muffs are really WAY too thin and don't offer enough protection, you can get Peltor's Optime 2 muffs for it i think. But their gladiator fabric i hear is top notch and they are THE top brand for chainsaw PPE.
>>
>>1004398
... You don't want to look like megaman?
>>
>This product is not suitable for Tree Climbing
>>>/trash/
>>
>>1004940
Actually it is, there is an Arborist model that comes with a chin strap and you can even get protective glasses for it, all for the low cost of like $40 for the glasses and $25 for the chin strap.
>>
>>1005406
Sold!
>>
>>1005426
For the low low price of $200 for the regular forest model and around $250 for the arborist one.
>>
>>1004893

The cups are safe/thick enough for general chainsaw work, but not enough for working close to most woodchippers.
>>
but is the price worth it though?
yes, its sexy as fuck, but really,
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.