[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dangerous People on Trail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

How do you deal with potentially dangerous people on the trail? I own a gun but haven't fired it in like 6 years and don't even remember how to use it anymore.

A couple months ago two girls were murdered on a hiking trail near here. They never found the murderer.
>>
>>1003201
If you kill everyone you see on trail there will be no one to kill you.
>>
Hike with old people and children so the killers will target them instead of you.
>>
>>1003201
Potentially dangerous? Everyone's potentially dangerous. Just don't have anything anybody wants. That or run away.
>>
>>1003201
OP I suggest you learn how to play dead.
>>
Are you an attractive young lady? No?

You're safe then. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: 1487869269400.jpg (9KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
1487869269400.jpg
9KB, 226x223px
>>1003213
>Implying they won't target the most dangerous person first
>>
>>1003223
>Are you an attractive young lady?
This.
>>1003201
>two girls were murdered

I used to walk my suburb at like 3am and a few times people would stop near me and watch me, or pull in front of my path so I had to walk around their car (and couldn't see what they were doing coz darkness and tinted windows).. I'm guessing because I have long blonde hair, they thought I was female in the darkness. Probably would have been abducted if I was actually female. I was ready to run as fast as I could if they ever tried to approach me though.
>>
>A couple months ago two girls were murdered on a hiking trail near here

Good. It's time they learn that MGTOW don't cotton to used up whores
>>
>>1003201
>potentially dangerous
>potentially

Fuck off with your paranoia or drop the "potentially". I always pack a revolver. It is only a .22lr but people tend not to want to get shot. I've only had to fend off one person. No shots fired. Just pulling the firearm dissuaded him. I reported the incident and the cops picked him up. No clue what became of him, but he wasn't a local.
>>
>>1003201
You pull the trigger.
>>
>>1003201
I don't know what type of gun you own, but step 1 would be to buy a semiautomatic handgun and learn how to use it. I'd reccomend something in 9mm, but that may not be your thing. Take a concealed carry class and maybe a beginners handgun intro class if you're really that new. You'll be able to find both at pretty much and gun store with a range. I wouldn't recommend concealed carrying unless you're serious enough about it to do it responsibility. Also, if you're worried enough to carry a gun but not worried enough to practice with it, theres no point in carrying it in the first place. If you want some gun reccomendations, start up a thread on /k/.
>>
>>1003329
>Just pulling the firearm dissuaded him
What was he trying to do anon?
>>
>>1003223
>are you an attractive young lad
Yes
>>
>>1003201
If you are just day hiking from the parking lot you might meet potentially dangerous people
However, the amount of people you meet on the trail decreases the further you are from the trailhead, as does the number of potentially dangerous people
So, if you are a few days in, you probably don't need to be worried
>>
Some meth heads moved into the area near my cabin. Smart enough to stay out of site. There are three of them, all wanted for felonies.
They broke into my cabin
They broke into the cabin a few miles away
They lit a fire in the forest.
The closest i got to them was
>out riding 4 wheeler with nephew
>coming back up to cabin and see vehicle pull away quickly
>get closer and realize they were trying to steal my trailer
>start to chase them
>realize nephew is with me and this could be dangerous
So i let them go.
Called the sheriff as soon as possible (no service at my cabin)
Deputy said they have been trying to catch them for years.
>>
>>1003480
Time to play the most dangerous game.
>>
>>1003201
The same way you deal with potentially dangerous people in the city:

Gun, knife, or learn how to fight a little better than the average Joe

I doubt anybody would want to fuck with some dude with a hatched strapped to his pack and a knife on his belt
>>
>>1003201
Clean the gun. Learn the gun. Go practice shooting a few clips.

Head on a swivle anon.

Extra clips or backup gun
>>
>>1003323
>used up whores

they were 13 and 14

http://wishtv.com/2017/04/27/family-members-of-murdered-delphi-teens-to-speak/
>>
File: if guns.jpg (292KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
if guns.jpg
292KB, 1600x1600px
>>1003201
> don't even remember how to use it anymore

obvious troll is obvious
>>
>>1003201
Did you kill them?
>>
>>1003201
Hello fellow Indiana bro. I carry my glock when I go hiking with my girlfriend. Go to the range and start practicing
>>
>>1003497
>clips
Youve never held a gun in your life
>>
>>1003212
That sounds like a really good way to get yourself killed.
>>
>>1003714
only autist rage about saying "clip." I was in the military and shoot regularly. I still call it a clip sometime. Because I'm not the gun version of a grammar Nazi. inb4 same anon.
>>
>>1003724
>i was in the military
Oh so you're a retard.
Its a magazine. They even teach you that in the military.
Thats like calling a car, a truck.
Its incorrect
>>
>>1003728
>Its a magazine.
It's*
>Thats like calling a car, a truck.
That's*
>Its incorrect
It's*
>>
>>1003464
He looked kind of funny so /k/ommando got scared and pulled his gun
>>
>>1003733
HHHUUUUUURRRRRRRR
>>
>>1003571
>they were 13 and 14
They probably had a few dozens dick between them then.
>>
This thread reminds me of a criminal minds episode where so hillbilly fucks where hunting people on the mountains with bows.

But it's America, so if everyone has a gun you might as well have one too.
>>
>>1003867
Before someone asks here is the episode.

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mulford_Family
>>
>>1003201

Bring a gun. They're not hard to use, it's not like you'd be doing long as fuck range shooting with it.

YouTube what you have, so you can watch how to break it down, clean, etc.

I usually bring a glock 26 or glock 19. Depending where at, usually my AR too. Fun to do deep woods plinking.
>>
File: 20170221_081313.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_081313.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
i always take an M92 pistol in my backpack, but more recently i just have it out in plain sight
>>
>>1003733
#REKT
>>
>>1003201
bodyslam
>>
>>1003733
I remember when I used to be like you. Then I got laid.
>>
>>1003728
Cars and trucks are both passenger vehicles. Clips and magazines both hold ammo to make loading easier. Relax a bit. At this point, calling mags "clips" is basically a colloquialism.
>>
>>1003201
>tfw when a family friend wants to hike the PCT by herself
>>
>>1004507
Its not. They are two separate things.
You don't call a cucumber a banana because they are both long
>>
>>1004507
So i would call an ammo can a clip because they both hold ammo

No

They are not the same
>>
Someone was shot at a fairly popular hiking trail near my town recently. He finished his hike fairly late at night and came upon people breaking into his car at the trail head. When confronted, they shot him on the spot and fled.

About a month after that, there was another body found down a logging road near where I like to camp. Police didn't release any other information as the investigation is ongoing, but its quite alarming to me since its so close to my usual spot.

I genuinely worry about other humans when /out/. Never in my life have I had a problem with animals, but I've had MANY problems with other people. I think it's reasonable to carry protection of some kind.

I personally have a Mossberg 500 loaded with a couple slugs followed by buckshot. Rather not be undergunned when my woods are filled with crackheads and drunk rednecks.
>>
File: 48in. Shovel.jpg (29KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
48in. Shovel.jpg
29KB, 1000x1000px
Always bring your multipurpose shovel with you. You can use it to kill your attacker and then bury his body after.
>>
Is this an american fear? In my area(pnw canada) the only deaths recorded in the outdoors were from falling in ravines or getting mauled by bears. What the fuck is wrong with you americans and your god damn gun obsession?
>>
itt OP asks how other people might deal with him.
>>
>not a girl
Problem solved.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.