[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /out/ i kinda like the look of this machete, the cold steel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 22.jpg (30KB, 800x266px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
30KB, 800x266px
So, /out/
i kinda like the look of this machete, the cold steel magnum khukri. does anyone have it? can anyone comment on its actual usefulness, or does it just get unwieldy?

the Kopis one looks too much to actually be useful for anything but hacking limbs
>>
>>1002985
I have one but haven't had a chance to use it much. It's cheap, I say just go for it and try it yourself. Word to the wise: they don't come even close to sharp, so you'll have to sharpen it yourself.
>>
How's the handle? it looks like ass. i might try and put a wood one one it
>>
>>1002985
If your wanting a machete, try looking at Condor before you buy anything. Best reasonably priced machetes out there imo.
>>
>>1002985

cold steel's cheap large blades usually come with poor sharpening and burrs

If you're in that market you may want to consider going slightly cheaper and just getting a tramontina (i like the bolo). Which I've had better luck with around that price point.
>>
I don't have that one, but I have the Bolo in that size.

Its made from something like 2.5-3mm thick stock so not really for cutting vegetation.
Not bad for cutting wood though.

The handle is grippy rubber, so if its used in a pinch grip like a Khukri or machete should be, it will cause blisters.

The sheath does the job but could benefit from a frog.

Otherwise no complaints. Steel is tough and I've chopped limestone blocks into pieces with the 12" Bowie Machete and there was no damage at all to the edge. Just some dulling.
>>
>>1002985

I own one and it os good for the environment I'm in. Be careful, not rare to get a cold steel product and you yourself need to put a edge on it.
>>
>>1003000
True dat.

I have three Condor machetes and confirm best value/quality ratio on the market!

>inb4 Tramontina shills
>>
File: maxresdddefault.jpg (273KB, 1325x790px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdddefault.jpg
273KB, 1325x790px
>>1003012

Tramontina shill here.

Condor machetes are not always made well. I have one that chipped heavily under no abuse to an absurd degree, and another that is awesome and another that did very well. I've also gotten ones with unground pins, like they didn't go through QC. So in summary, they can be good, but I'd buy one from a place you can return it if it's shitty.

And yeah, $15 tramontina all the way. shill shill shill shilly shill.
>>
>>1003012
What machetes do you have? I've got the dynasty
dadao and the naval cutlass. Not really machetes, but you can see their standard of quality regardless.
>>
>>1003021
OP here, my brother has the @H Katana machete and the cutlass machete. I can say with a fair degree of confidence that the former is pretty badass and sharpens up really well, buts jugs really cleanly and hacks down bamboo and tree branches well.
The cutlass machete has a very acute point that can bite you if you arent careful.
>>
>>1003023
Yep, they're pretty fun toys to have around. My dadao doesn't sharpen up too easily, but it holds an edge great and I could confidently fell a tree with it. Is your bro's cutlass the old one with the plastic handle or the new one with the wood handle? It seems like they changed the blade a bit when they re-designed it.
>>
>>1003030
i wasnt aware they made the cutlass machete with a wood handle. neato.
>>
>>1002991
The handle is shit.
>>
>>1003012
Condor are too expensive for what you get.
They are nicely finished and come with good sheaths but an afternoon with a file and a Tramontina or something similar will get you the same thing.
>>
File: eh.png (762KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
762KB, 1462x1462px
>>1003373
Depends where you are. Here in Canuckistan, the only places that sell Tramontina are some dodgy ebay stores, and they charge like $60 minimum. Condor is the way to go over here.
>>
is the gerber gator any good? not a fan of sawbacks, but its cheap
>>
>>1003021
Parang.
Golock.
Khukri. (Not really a machete, but a khukri)

Would like the Village Parang.

>>1003020
Also have the Sapians and Stratos. High quality.
>>
>>1003373
What ev.
>>
>>1002985
Go for the Cold steel smatchet or special forces. I own the Cold steel kukri and it was my first blade for a long time but it's short, more suitable for wood than vines/vegetation, and it gives me blisters. It was also really dull and I had to sharpen it,

The smatchet came super sharp, and it a total killing machine if you ever got in a fight.

The shovel came super sharp too and is probably the most practical and useful one of the bunch.
>>
Cold Steel Kukri here. Came so dull it would only dent. Had sticker on one side of blade that took black finish off when removed. Thinner than expected. However, it looks intimidating. Paired with my 37mm Spikes Tactical flare gun for vessel security, nobody tries to come near vessel.
>>
>>1003492
I've always wondered how good their parang is? It's got a thick as fuck stock and should chop pretty well. What's your experience with it?
>>
>>1003589
do you have the khukri or magnum khukri> the magnum is like 18" long blade i believe, about perfect for a 'chete
>>
>>1003816
Not so great on pampas grass, excellent quality.

I prefer the Golock and would like the Village Parang.

I got the first two at Knife Center on a great sale price!

Post pics later, travelling.
>>
File: DSCN9466.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9466.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have one and love it. They only cast about $25 so I don't feel bad about smashing through the bushes with it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.