[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pennsylvania camping and laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: pennsylvania.jpg (830KB, 1050x648px) Image search: [Google]
pennsylvania.jpg
830KB, 1050x648px
Any PA bros able to shed some light on the laws and regulations for camping in your state? Planning a 5 day trip to hike and camp in PA, and some of the laws are confusing me. The main thing is the laws about having a campfire at your campsite.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cs/groups/public/documents/document/dcnr_008795.pdf

The section under "21.118. Fires" claims fires are prohibited unless in accordance with the regulations in that section, one being listed as simply "From March 1 through May 25." The trip falls within this timespan, so is it saying no campfires are allowed during this period, or that we would be in accordance with the law to have a fire during this time? Also, any general advice, suggestions, or recommendations you can offer for a trip to PA would be appreciated.
>>
If you're staying on a private campground or in a state park you can have whatever fire you want in the designated area. If you are hiking on a trail and trying to camp out, just keep the fire low and don't be a dick and you will be fine.

I live in PA and camped a ton of times, although mostly on the AT section near my house. But I have only seen a few rangers and game wardens ever and they've all been bros if you correct whatever problem they have.

The only other thing to be weary of is the gamelands and no trespassing signs. Just have something bright orange you can wear or tie around you. Don't wear a lot of red and blue. Spring Gobbler starts this weekend.
>>
>>1002954
Thanks for the info. I figured it wouldn't be that big of a deal to have a small, controlled fire, and the chances of encountering a ranger seem slim.
>>
File: 1453333508413.jpg (646KB, 3120x3436px) Image search: [Google]
1453333508413.jpg
646KB, 3120x3436px
Where are you going to OP? Some counties have county wide burn bans, depending on where you are in the state. I'm all the way North in PA on the NY border, so our burn ban starts late, farther south burn bans start earlier.

If there is a fire ring at a campsite, you're probably fine no matter what. A ranger at most would prob ask you to put it out. If you're dispersed camping your probably be good as well, but if found your most likely get a fine.

Be careful though, some areas are really dry and it's surprising easy to start a small brush fire this time of year.

If the fire danger level is high or very high any fire is prohibited, and you'd likely get a steep fine during these times.

The local forestry office will have that info, any time ive called a forestry office they've been super nice. Every ranger I've come across has been really great too.

Other than one bitch at lves Run in Tioga County. Man she was strict. She was also like weirdly smoking hot. Like seriously could have been a working model.
>>
>>1002942
Here's an explanation of the spring burn bans in state forests.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/wildlandfire/firestatistics/index.htm
>>
>>1003121

Thanks for the info hopefully we don't burn the forest down.

We plan on heading to the national forest that is out that way. Looking at the laws for it they seem to be more relaxed than the state parks and trails. We're going to be doing dispersed camping.

Would we still get fined for dispersed camping in the national forest and creating a small controlled fire?
>>
>>1003362
You're probably much more likely to be fined, as the Allegheny national forest is patrolled and watched much more than most state forests. Most state forests you'll never see a Ranger. 0
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.