[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

colorado day hike help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20160801_114226.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160801_114226.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
Hey guys,

I will be spending some time in colorado in late May and I will have 1 day and 2 nights to myself. I am from Texas so I want to get outdoors and see the Rockies so I want to see if anyone here can recommend any great spots for day hike. I'm in decent shape and I've knocked out a 14'er before so I'm not too afraid of heights or pushing myself....just fucking bears.

Thanks for the help everyone.
>>
Where in colorado are you going to be heading? Mount Evans is a pretty sweet hike. I'm from tejas too, amigo
>>
>>1000839

Yeah should have mentioned that. I'll be flying into Denver international, but I am willing to drive as far west as glenwood springs or as far South as pueblo.
>>
>>1000853
You've mentioned that you knocked out a 14'er before, besides that how comfortable are you with exposure?

>I'm not too afraid of heights or pushing myself

how is your athletic ability? How fit are you? How much CAN you push yourself?

If you want a fun, spicy adventure and you're a very competent and fit hiker I'd recommend doing the keyhole route on Long's Peak. Long's Peak itself is majestic in its own right. That would be the most bang for your buck. It is an extremely popular hike so I'd advise starting as early as possible to avoid the people and mainly to avoid getting caught up in any turbulent weather.

Its a 16 mile round trip hike making it a full day of adventure.

DISCLAIMER: this hike is definitely not for novices. You must be comfortable with exposure and capable of scrambling competently through rough terrain. You must be able to use your mind and be smart enough to know when to turn around. This is a serious mountain and it is long and physical. Many have died from it, especially because of dangerous weather. Make sure to check the weather on the days you expect to be going.

Thats my recommendation if you are up to it.

Here are some links:

14ers.com/route.php?route=long1&peak=Longs+Peak

rockymountainhikingtrails.com/longs-peak-keyhole.htm

http://www.summitpost.org/longs-peak/150310

If this might be too much for you, I'll recommend once again doing Mount Evans because it is a nice mellow hike.
>>
>>1000814
You should consider hiking to the bottom of Gunnison and spending the night there. It's fun.
>>
>>1000814
We're full. Stay in Texas.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.