[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

in the third world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Third-World-Enslaved-Children.jpg (97KB, 650x402px) Image search: [Google]
Third-World-Enslaved-Children.jpg
97KB, 650x402px
So somehow I ended up in a legit third world country, and suddenly all those things I read about survival could actually be of use to people

often people have water tanks, but no filtration or purification systems
what would the best way of rigging a cheap but long term gravity water filter?
I was thinking charcoal, but not sure if it would make more sense mounting it above or below the water tank
people here just can't afford bottled water

also cold storage without electricity, people here just air their foodstuffs and so much is wasted
pickling is still a crude practice here, with open air fermentation instead of sterilizing containers

how do you get rid of intestinal parasites without proper medicine?
does garlic really work?

in some places they just need money, but over here locals just don't have the education and skills to get things done
what about venereal disease?
>>
>>1000372
We used lots of water purification tabs when I was deployed. A gravity filter would probably work. You can also boil the fuck outta your shit but hot water blows cock.

Try canning if you can get your hands on mason jars. You can also build a dehydrator and make your own jerkey.

Activated charcoal works well for most toxins. Garlic, coconut, and pumpkind seeds work well for parasites. Consume a laxitive (natural or medicine) with this stuff to help remove the parasites.

When it comes to STIs...well you'd best wrap it up my nigga if you can get valtrex (for herpes) or azithromycin and rocephin (for bacterisl). For bacterial STIs a gram of azithromycin usually does the trick and if not then adding 250-500mg of rocephin sure will.
>>
>>1000382
Fucking tablet caused a lot of my typos. Sorry.
>>
File: IMG_2569.jpg (35KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2569.jpg
35KB, 500x403px
>>1000382
>having sex
>having sex in a third world country
>having sex in a third world country with third worlders
>having sex in a third world country with third worlders to the point of knowing common STI medication by heart
>having sex in a third world country with third worlders to the point of knowing common STI medication by heart, with backup solutions in the event of difficult procurement
panic.exe
>>
>>1000387
I was a Corpsman in the Navy. I had to treat STIs on plenty of Marines and when I was deployed more than a few civilians.
>>
>>1000382
tabs here would probably be too expensive, and aid money being misappropriated is a huge issue here

boiling is good, but energy intensive and a pain in the ass; and it doesn't remove mineral contaminants and even some bacteria are becoming resistant.
out here bleach would probably be a better option all around.

they are pretty good at dehydrating here, bust strangely they only seem interested in drying fish and dates (?)

I would have some concern that laxative use could cause dyhydration, and when the water is bad that could be a poor mix
and I would also be worried about "monkey see monkey do" with medicine, families might try copying you and kill their kids because they didn't re-hydrate

azithromycin sounds good, I carry ciprofalaxin for myself but it's too expensive to give to people

>>1000387
while undoubtedly it's a poor idea, you can only station men for so long without pussy without bad things happening
US army, exporting weapons, US dollars and civilization
importing STD's, drugs and social dysfunction
>>
File: spaghnum.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
spaghnum.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
>>1000372
You can use a 2 litre plastic bottle as a fairly decent particulate filter, filled with alternating layers of Spaghnum moss, charcoal and sand each about 2" thick.
>>
>>1000372
>>1000415
for a small amount of water, what you can do is paint one half of a 2L coke bottle black, fill with water, and leave in direct sunlight for 4-6 hrs, depending on latitude. it'll be absolutely sterile. but no real reason to choose that other than taste if you have bleach available

for something more like a home-scale system, google "biosand filter." they're cheap, last forever, built with materials available almost everywhere on earth, and will leave your water sparkly clean and free of infectious disease. don't do charcoal, that won't remove bacteria/parasites/viruses like a biosand filter will. plus once you weld up a filter mold, you can make one for every house in town that wants one for basically free

>t. former aid worker
>>
>>1000372
>in the third world

So, like from west of Virginia and East of California?
>>
You are a collosal dickhead. Everyone you save will increase global warming and have babies who will move to your home country to rape your kids. Fuck you for not caring about the environment or people you piece of shit. Kys immediately you faggot dogooder
>>
File: sodis.jpg (54KB, 627x671px) Image search: [Google]
sodis.jpg
54KB, 627x671px
>>1001944
>paint it black

wat? it's not going to get the anywhere close to the heat needed to make it sterile

solar purification works with the UV radiation. you want as cheap as possible bottles (thin plastic walls). placed on reflective surface to have it pass through twice.

or do you mean a solar distillery?
>>
File: Time_Temp-chart1.jpg (24KB, 216x355px) Image search: [Google]
Time_Temp-chart1.jpg
24KB, 216x355px
>>1002013
>one half
as in the sun-facing half is transparent, while the non-sun-facing half is black.
SODIS works by a combination of UV and heating. it's a common belief that you need to bring water to a boil to sterilize it, but that's overkill for most things. pasteurization is a function of both temperature and time, though some pathogens are more resilient than others (pic related)
also the roof in your pic is galvanized steel, which means it's coated in zinc. zinc is an extremely efficient UV absorber and the original sunblock active ingredient. you're not gonna get UV reflection from most materials, and definitely not the standard third world zinc roof
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.