[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /out/ ever been caught in a severe blizzard like pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: March_2017_nor'easter.jpg (86KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
March_2017_nor'easter.jpg
86KB, 1024x768px
Has /out/ ever been caught in a severe blizzard like pic related?
>>
>>1000273

>Severe blizzard
>can see dozens upon dozens of yards
>>
File: IMGP4864_Fotor.jpg (273KB, 1199x794px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP4864_Fotor.jpg
273KB, 1199x794px
Caught? Yeah caught shoveling! Then back in for cocoa.
>>
>>1000273
Yes. Donner Pass of all places.
>>
Worked at a restaurant on a mountain that you had to take a sled pulled by a snowcat up to the top. I was in the sled making sure people weren't falling off and answering stupid questions and telling stupid jokes. Anyway, we frequently had to move people during blizzards and I actually really liked it. I always thought it was really pretty, the passengers not so much.

Our worst blizzard there were ice whirlwinds on the mountain, blinding snow hitting you in the face, and it was 8 below. As we were coming down the mountain I peer out and see a dark blob in the snow. As we get closer I make out a fox, then two foxes, then realize it's two foxes fucking.

As we got closer the female spooked and started running, but the male wasn't done or was was stuck and that female dragged him up the mountain by his dick with him eventually turning around and running backwards still attached.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen.
>>
>>1000352
Did you eat someone?
>>
File: IMG_1291800x600-L.jpg (35KB, 800x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1291800x600-L.jpg
35KB, 800x538px
>>1000273
>like pic related
That is hardly a "severe blizzard".

Worst is when you're struggling to keep sight of the taillight of the rider in front of you.
Couple inches an hour falling, and 40+m/h wind blowing everything around.
Been in that position a few times.

The weather had cleared up in >pic related. Could actually see where the trail is at this point.
>>
Little background music for the thread.

https://youtu.be/Ygz0iw2fD_o
>>
File: wallpaper-2537246.jpg (46KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-2537246.jpg
46KB, 800x450px
>>1000426
I would love to just stop, dig a cumpfy igloo sorta thing into the side of a snow drift, and spend the night bundled up with a comfy candle lantern. bit far fetched I spose, probably suffocate/freeze/suffofreeze under there anyway.
>>
>>1000431
Fuck off Nintendofag. Here's your blizzard thread background music

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UP9Uubvm91I
>>
File: geeps_s.jpg (23KB, 331x224px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_s.jpg
23KB, 331x224px
>>1000491
This is the least blizzardy thing I've ever heard anon.
>>
>>1000496
Are you not a fan of Stan the Man??
>>
I took a walk once and had a severe blizzard occur to the point i could see about 8 ft ahead and that was it. Luckily I had a heavy jacket, boots and hat that day because it was cold as sin. Used a compass and the backtracking i could do to get home. Wasn't actually that bad, sort of comfy even.
>>
>>1000273
caught implying it was an accident, no.

I intentional go out in them if there is one on a weekend and the ice is fishable. The only time i get to ice fish is during weekends so i'm not about to waste them
>>
>>1000273
>light flurry in a trailerpark

There was a greentext on here a while back of a guy who was with search & rescue that was caught in a blizzard looking for a stranded family. The sheer disorientation and fear he described was pretty wild, not being able to see anything / knowing where he was going, can't hear anything from the wind. Being caught it an actual blizzard isn't something I'd want to do if I wasn't prepared.
>>
>>1000431
I see your DKC and raise you one Zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1a3cwskjgQ
>>
>>1000391
Ate your mom /out/.
>>
I had a buddy go hiking with a head full of acid and get caught in a blizzard. He was out there by himself. He lost the trail for awhile and he said some helpful ptarmigan guided him back to safety.
>>
File: DSCN8066.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8066.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>caught in a blizzard
>your house in the background
>>
>>1000426
>Worst is when you're struggling to keep sight of the taillight of the rider in front of you.

Yeap having your fat ass dragged around in a blizzard by vehicles designed for and by white trash sure is tough.
>>
Yeah I'll green text it within the next 24 hours. Just finishing up my lunch break and I'm going /out/ tonight. You'll just have to be patient
>>
File: 20161109_074554.jpg (2MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
20161109_074554.jpg
2MB, 1500x1125px
depends on your definition of "caught"

i did wake up to this wonderful sight. knew something was up when i woke up at night from chill and started seeing the tent walls saggin. it was kind of a sandy-ish ground so we couldt get optimal purchase on the stakes and since none of us were expecting a fucking snowstorm we just kind of called it good and prioritized getting level ground.

when we went to bed(4 people in that tent) it was all green grass and clear skies. we had a stove so the next nights weren't bad or anything, quite fun actually,

you just have to remember that if your stove has a doesnt have the best feeding or burns fast, dont fill it upp too much, cause then it will burn long enough for you to sleep too deep and not wake up before its nothing but literal ash in there, better to keep it warm in the tent but not quite comfy, if that makes sense
>>
>>1000273
No, I couldn't see 5 feet. If you put your hand outside the tent it felt like someone what shooting it with dozens of BBs.

>>1001531
>>1000426
I drove in weather like that on the highway. I couldn't see anything in front of me and the wipers barely kept up with keeping snow off the windshield. At every gas station I had to buy a new gallon of wind shield wiper fluid. I basically tailgated semitrucks and emergency vehicles across the entire state of Ohio that night. At one point I almost drove off an embankment when trying to get back on the highway after leaving a gas station because the signs were whited out with snow and I literally could not see. The snow was a foot deep on the highway. I was told multiple times that I wasn't allowed on the highway. I just said, "yes sir/ma'am" and kept driving. That was like 15ish years ago, I'm not sure exactly.

I've driven,at night, in fog so bad, I had to open the truck door and shine a flashlight onto the road to see the white line and stay on the road.

I've driven at night in rain so bad, that turning on the wipers didn't do anything noticeable. The tiny hatchback I was driving has a cracked radiator & cracked manifold, and I had to stop and pour rain water in it from ditches every 10 miles or so. Had it not been raining I'd never had gotten home that night (crossing fucking Ohio again, wtf Ohio?) The engine literally froze up in my driveway.
>>
Mt. Hood in the summer - rain at government camp base... lodge was foggy... by 2nd lift and within a hour tons of snow and couldnt see anything.

Had to ski down following each other in a line... 4 feet visibility.
They told us to leave our backpacks ( the ones we didnt have with us, not "hey remove your backpack", ok.) We would dig them out the next day.

Well one kid, didnt agree and went off to go find his pack and obviously couldn't... started to get lost.
By then they closed the lifts.. and the very last guy down.. just so happened to bump into our lost friend.
scary day. Great skiing the next day... for July!
>>
File: IMG_2117.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2117.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
Been in some bad weather, but by far the worst was pic related. 130kph winds at 4700m above sea level, whipping up billions of ice particles. Everything got iceblasted, lost 2/3 of the four season tents after being holed up for 14 hours, as well as all the skin on my nose from simply walking against the wind for 10 metres. Lost a glove too to spice things up, couldn't feel my hand anymore after about a minute.

To top it all off, there was a memorial plaque for a group of eight climbers who had perished in similar weather right where we were camping.
>>
File: White_square.png (228B, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
White_square.png
228B, 700x700px
I summited Everest in a white out years ago, had to find my way up by touch. Here's me and my climbing party once we reached the peak
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.