[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys recommend heated gloves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: beetus.png (216KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
beetus.png
216KB, 320x288px
I got mild frostbite this winter in my fingertips cuz my beetus has apparently slowed peripheral circulation.

I was only out for about a half hour, it was about 20F but then the wind started. Now Im terrified of winter, which I used to love.

There are so many types of heated gloves and I cant seem to get straight answers. I dont mind a bigger price, but idw over-pay for nonsense either.

I must have dexterity, endurance, water resistance and good battery life, preferably rechargeable. But the internet seems to treat it as an arcane question.

Thanks in advance, will read everything.
>>
What gloves were you wearing when it happened?

I have some Canadian Forces leather officer gloves (thanks dad) that are good for me to be outside for 2-3 hours in down to about -10°F, after that I slip on some knit glove liners for extra warmth. They have great dexterity and no batteries to worry about. Can't give any advice on heated gloves though.

What tasks are you trying to do with the gloves on?
How cold do you need to be able to work in?
>>
>>1000333
https://www.camogroup.ca/store/p313/Canadian_Military_Leather_Gloves.html

If you're interested.
>>
>>1000333

None at all, I've never had to wear them. I was carry a small bag and they begin to hurt bad but it was only a short time and I was almost finished. When I got inside, I saw my fingers had turned gray and after an hour still had no feeling. Weeks went by and they are still a bit numbish, and it was two months ago.

It kinda scared me cuz it takes a while to know how bad the damage is and I was worried that I might lose them until I learned more and concluded it was only minor. The wind here on the Great Lakes can be horrible, and it never bloody ends for six damn months. I like winter a lot (minus the wind) but now worry the air is trying to kill me.

Now I make plans to move south, I will miss the seasons so much. I dont even think its natural to have no real change in seasons. But that was kind of scary to happen so fast out of nowhere.

I only need the gloves for casual going about errands, but I often have to have my hands out. The wind makes everything so miserable.

I like those gloves. I will apparently need something to slip over most electric liners any way.

Here is what I have been looking at so far. This commercial is corny but it gets the idea across

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkvoZVX-BhU

Reviews on YT say those need a shell though or else they are no good for wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1FaqCTrmzg

And the name Gerbing keeps coming up in searches.

I should also look into heated insoles, since I suspect my feet will be next; they already have nerve damage left and right. Its a problem because they will randomly go numb in parts even without cold and then I periodically get a small wound and dont know it unless I see it.

So far, nerve damage has been the biggest annoyance of it all. First random sharp pains for no reason, which eventually subsides to increasing numbness, which makes coordinating walking harder.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will need a shell for heated liners.
>>
File: glove venture.png (277KB, 669x536px) Image search: [Google]
glove venture.png
277KB, 669x536px
Well, Im learning a bit from a place online that seems to specialize in heated clothes, stuff I didnt even know they made, called (appropriately) the Warming Store.

Anyways, like I said, the name Gerbing comes up a lot, and now I am leaning towards that or perhaps more likely Venture. I've been debating over getting a heated glove or just glove liners.

They also have heated socks too. I feel a bit outdated; I didnt know there was so much heated clothing you could buy. I've been suffering needlessly for years, it seems.

This seems to be what I am gravitating towards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDDEmOzDHs

Its still difficult for me to knowledgeably distinguish what makes one brand design different from another.

I do naturally want something that runs heat to the fingers. If I get gloves, I want them to be water and wind proof; its less of an issue if I just get heated liners.
>>
get choppers mitts. not gloves but its one of the warmest hand coverings out there
>>
>>1000874
>None at all

The problem isn't that you need heated gloves, the problem is that you're retarded and don't know how to dress yourself.
>>
File: shining-frozen.jpg (63KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
shining-frozen.jpg
63KB, 700x525px
>>1001010

Thats nice. I've lived up here for 20 years and never needed gloves. I could take the worst temperatures with just my trusty hat and coat. My body has changed, and so I have to adapt.

I suspect I should get a balaclava too. Presently I am looking at Gerbing heated socks.

I am also snooping around Helly Hansen and 66North. I figure they would know cold weather clothing best.

I admit Im a bit intrigued by all the heated clothing that is made. From what I can tell, its big not only with skiers and outdoors folk, but bikers as well.

>>1001009

I will look at them. I dont know if they have the dexterity I hope for. Thats why I never wore gloves. But now my circulation is terrible. My fingers feel ice cold if it just drops below 55F or so.

From what I can tell, my frostbite was 'first degre' or 'frost nip'. Its a strange thing, when your injury is numbness because you cant tell exactly what was damaged. Recently Ive noticed the skin/flesh around the knuckles must've been damaged too, because they have that tingling recovery feeling in them.

Its impossible to say what exactly is going on with the nerves in the feet. There's 3-4 different factors that could be screwing with the nerves in my lower body.

Anyways, they say its common with cold injury, that you dont know the extent of the damage until much later. A lot of you probably already knew that, but it was news to me.

I did a lot of stupid things as a kid, falling in freezing water, damn near getting hypothermia camping. I guess age does change the body in ways that arent always visible. I never thought I could get frostbite so easily. I didnt realize my circulation had dropped so dramatically. Back to the doctor I guess.

:/
>>
>>1000333
I actually read this as
>I have some Cannick Forces ...
Oh internet, what have you done to me
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.