[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have a problem with my old Citroen Xsara (year:1999) it has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: engine.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
engine.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
have a problem with my old Citroen Xsara (year:1999)

it has a hard time to start the engine after a short drive.

there is no issue to start it if the car has been standing a week, but after that I can just drive to the gas station (about 10 min) and it will be very hard to start it again.

there is battery, the start engine turns and turns for abut 15 seconds, until the car actually starts.

another thing that might be related to that is that sometimes the engine revs up to about 2000-3000 rpm when rolling without being in gear.

very annoying and it's and old car, not wort investing millions in it.

a pic of the engine.
>>
>>17891862
Could be too much fuel so that it's flooded when you try and start it up, which would also explain the random revs.
>>
>>17891862
Starter motor?

My old man had to replace his starter motor on his Berlingo, started fine some time and other times didn't start.
>>
>>17891874
>Could be too much fuel so that it's flooded when you try and start it up, which would also explain the random revs.

I dont know much about engines, but logically it sounds reasonable.
what controls that? is that a computer or a mechanical part?
>>
>>17891880
>My old man had to replace his starter motor on his Berlingo, started fine some time and other times didn't start.

Mine seem to have a clear pattern,
also when the engine starts properly afterwards there is a smell of petrol, hart to explain how it smells but maybe like half burned engine.
>>
>>17891885
>>17891895
>smell of petrol

Adds to my theory of flooding/too much fuel. It's fuel injected so it could be either a faulty injector, computer problem, or any number of bad electrical connections. Could also be a bad throttle position sensor.

Which engine is it?
>>
>>17891961
>Which engine is it?
Not him but looks like TU3JP
>>
>>17892009
That or the TU5JP

Anyway, do you recommend this car as a DD?
>>
My 106 1.1 had a few issues that sound the same, it was my fuel pump. Get someone to crank the car over while someone else hits the fuel tank from below. It may or may not start up any quicker, but hey its worth a try.
>>
OP here

Have no idea what kind of engine that is
I know it's a petrol thing ( not a diesel )
1.6 liter engine
>>
>>17892403
TU5JP/NFZ then, which means it's a Bosch MPI system. If you can't live with it, I'd say take it to a shop and talk to them about it and get an offer to get it fixed.

Honestly, it could be many different things causing the issue, so it's hard to give a real answer.
>>
>>17891862
Could be vapor lock or an ignition coil getting too hot. I expect a fueling problem though. Run a can of seafoam through it, probably won't hurt
>>
>>17892438
>>17892403
before going to a shop, get and OBD2 reader and connect it to the port (it's in the fusebox). You should get a read on rpm, fuel mix, air temperature, etc and with some luck you'll be able to spot what's wrong when it takes a while to start.

For all we know, it could be a simple corroded contact.
>>
File: citroen.jpg (800KB, 2024x1124px) Image search: [Google]
citroen.jpg
800KB, 2024x1124px
>>17892466
>TU5JP/NFZ then, which means it's a Bosch MPI system. If you can't live with it, I'd say take it to a shop and talk to them about it and get an offer to get it fixed.
OP here again, I can also give this info
about 5 years ago I had problem with overheating engine. the fan for the cooling was not turning on and I drove one summer (not too much) like that

to the extent that "STOP Engine" light would be coming on, esp. in the cities as one can imagine.

here is also a pic of my baby
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.