[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VehicleHistory.com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: dasdsa.png (993KB, 1865x638px) Image search: [Google]
dasdsa.png
993KB, 1865x638px
Is this website legit?

Why is it free?

Does anybody have a Carfax to compare they data they use?
>>
they are legit, but they almost never show the full story. I have directly compared their reports with CarFax on my own cars and CarFax has substantially more information.
>>
>>17889845
still a good place to start being free and all
>>
They dont always pick up on car history
I was looking up a surprisingly inexpensive Honda Prelude from craigslist a month ago and Vehicle history said it had a clean title and no history of accidents. Then I checked NICB and Carfax. NICB lists it as a salvage title and Carfax said it had 3 previous accidents and 10 previous owners.
Needless to say, I steered clear of that car. If i trusted Vehiclehistory, I would never have known until it was too late
>>
This is going to be free until they hit a certain amount of users and then roll out pay services. They want to get a userbase before they try to fuck 'em.
>>
File: Capture1.jpg (56KB, 694x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.jpg
56KB, 694x347px
Was nervous about my first car and bought the Carfax just to be more sure about anything wrong with it. Carfax showed the accident it's been in plus some of the maintenance history, VehicleHistory showed most of the info, but not the maintenance/repairs or accident. VehicleHistory didn't know the car was a rental for one of the owners.
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (36KB, 420x510px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
36KB, 420x510px
>>17890620
VehicleHistory report for same car
>>
>>17889744
>Why is it free?
Because in return for giving you some service, you stress test their website. The requests also show what type of requests come in. Those requests can be compared to the same request results from other database sites. They can thus tune what types of data they need to buy to be complete enough to satisfy the types of requests they typically get. Doing it that way would help them from buying too much data or too little data. Being too complete is a waste of money after all.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.