[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HID vs LED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: led-vs-hid-lighting.png (512KB, 846x385px) Image search: [Google]
led-vs-hid-lighting.png
512KB, 846x385px
Your experience on LEDs and HIDs.
>>
Both are shit and people with aftermarket kits should be sent directly to the gas chamber along with the person that first thought of daylight running LED strips.
>>
>>17886282

>>passblasted

Surely you can't find these things that offensive from the bus...
>>
whats on the acuras that makes them pure white instead of gay ass blue???
>>
>>17886282
I'm fine with LED DRLs
>>
File: bono.png (16KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
bono.png
16KB, 192x192px
every fucking brotruck faggot buys base model truck with halogen reflector housings then puts HID or LEDs in the stock housings

every fucking one of them

I hate both LED and HID even though my car uses LED and I enjoy it but mine is setup properly FUCK THOSE FAGGOTS
>>
>>17886282
I just installed sone philips universal fit DRLs to my car but ran wiring to a switch on my center console so I can turn them on or off manually
I think they're nice and bright, but maybe make more sunburst glare than I want (in daylight). I wonder if tinting film would reduce the intensity of the glare or I need to find a way to point them lower
>>
>>17886382
There's probably some diffuser film you can get
>>
>>17886063
Adaptive matrix LED headlights are amazing.

On the other hand, people who put Chinese LED bulbs into regular headlights must be rounded up and shot.
>>
who wants gay ass white headlights? light yellow is pure aesthetic
>>
File: 1505412391711.jpg (20KB, 476x248px) Image search: [Google]
1505412391711.jpg
20KB, 476x248px
>>17886063
>not halogen
LEDs and HIDs are for underage faggots who think they need off-road tier illumination despite only driving during the night (on illuminated roads nonetheless) once per month. Anyone who insists on running this bright blue sci-fi bullshit on public roads should be properly gassed. You are just as pathetic as people who run halogen with blue filters, you fucking larping faggots. It's pointless too. The only reason you need this amount of light out-put is because you need to drown out other retards who are running the same shit. Why the fuck haven't car manufacturers added a feature that adjusts the lights when they are shining into someone else's face? Because they don't fucking care? What a surprise. Every car maker that ever decided to put SUVs and Crossovers on the road with these badly adjusted meme-lights deserve fucking bankruptcy. You are no different from the faggots who put eBay light-bars on their F-150s. Fuck you.
>>
>>17886382
Pure cancer. If you want shitty led lights on your car you should've bought a newer car.
>>
>>17886063
If cars used HIDs for their hi beams only, that would be fine, but they're just too damn bright.

LED strips can look decent, but I don't think manufacturers have figured out how to do it. When using LED DRLs, a good rule of thumb is less is more. We just need to see the car, not get blinded by the glare, and covering the whole front end of the car in glowy lines just looks ugly.
>>
I have jw speaker 7 inch rounds in my gq because the stock sealed beams are shit, plus two nine inch hid spoties on my bull bar and a 50 invhlight bar on my roof cage. But then agian i live on bumfuck no where australia and do a lot of night
>>
>>17886635
>tldr
>hid=range
>led=spread
> light intesity depends on wattage
>>
>>17886063
Doesn't matter if they aren't aligned properly. I swear Hyundai uses housing designed for cars on their SUVs and their HIDs just love to blind anyone sitting in a car

How is that shit even legal?
>>
>>17886611
I was told the problem with HIDs as high beams is that they need to heat up a bit to get to their full brightness
>>
>>17886585
>projecting this hard
Show me on this doll where the modern lighting raped you in the ass. You're acting too butt-hurt for anything otherwise.
>>
File: bicycle-malaya-lamp-03-miller.jpg (180KB, 858x569px) Image search: [Google]
bicycle-malaya-lamp-03-miller.jpg
180KB, 858x569px
>>17886063
>>
>>17886282
>tfw you live in a country where unlicensed headlights are illegal and cops will fine you for it
I guess sometimes it's comfy to be cucked
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.