[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you br/o/s drive with TC on or off? >pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 20170915_200649.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170915_200649.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Do you br/o/s drive with TC on or off?
>pic related
>>
Why the fuck would you ever drive with it off unless you were specifically doing skids or something?
>>
>>17885961
off, i don't like dry air.
>>
File: ABS_TCS.jpg (88KB, 1024x734px) Image search: [Google]
ABS_TCS.jpg
88KB, 1024x734px
I don't even have ABS...

I worked in a Bosch factory that makes ABS/Traction/Stability units as an engineer and machinist and they are the worst fucking things to ever happen to cars. ABS is fine, traction and stability control are not.
>>
>TC
My daily doesn't even have ABS. The only electric things in my weekend car are the lights, starter and radio
Wonder how normies who are only used to TC would react when they're suddenly getting into a slip because the TC couldn't handle that much abuse. Though the amount of new cars that land in a ditch every winter here already show that
>>
>>17885961
TC hasn't caught my ass in a while so I'm taking off the training wheels pretty soon. I'd like to get a better sense for the intrinsic handling characteristics before it snows.
>>
>>17886295
This..
>>
because I haven't bothered calibrating my TPMS sensors my car prevents me from disabling traction control

I've never felt the need to turn it off, it makes winter driving more effortless, helps prevent wear on your tires, and with FWD I would rather have the tires not slipping because I'm not trying to do sick FWD drifts I'm trying to stay gripped to the road
>>
>>17885961
how come every car nowadays had the parking light icon on?
>>
>>17885961
On because I can't turn it off
>>
my DD has a welded diff so i have it off 100% of the time.

Sometimes i forget and it always like to trigger when im turning onto highway ramp and i just end up fighting the car to keep it moving
>>
>>17886739
>welded diff

so how often do you have to change your tires?
>>
>>17886882
I think if i didnt drift i would have to change them yearly, but i go through more than that. I hoon parking lots and random roads a couple times a week which can burn a set pretty fast.
>>
On.

>Be me upgrading from 94 Integra to 13 G37
>First few weeks of driving get some rain
>One day about to leave for work and jokingly tell my buddy I'm gonna hit some skidz
>Experimenting with turning TC on/off
>Light rain, decide to turn it off
Everything good until...
>Come to a stop for right turn
>Turn, hit the gas
>Instantly lose control
>270° turn at least
>See oncoming car swerve to avoid me
>I manuevered perfectly to avoid him and any curb
>Escape with car and life intact

Thank fucking god, I learned my lesson.
>>
>>17886949
>I manuevered perfectly to avoid him and any curb

I avoided hitting him and any curb by sheer luck*

FTFY
>>
>>17886882
the only time a welded diff causes more tire wear than a 2 way lsd is in parking lots
my stock lsd locks so hard on accel and deccel that in the rain it's no different than a welded. but no tire chirping when parked. and if i apply the perfect amount of throttle through a corner it'll act like an open.
2ways are GOAT
but if you're retarded, or a pussy both will be an issue in the rain, or your car only makes 100hp. then a 2way might not be all that noticeable.
i can get my tires to lock in 2nd in the dry while going straight just by letting off the throttle.
even for grip racing welded beats open for rwd, but you have to drive differently since it's 1005 locked, with a 2way you can learn to keep it unlocked in corners. lsd/open you pretty much take the same lines and drive the same. welded takes different lines and a different style but both are better than open if you have the skill.
>>
>his car having Traction Control
>his car having Stability Control
>his car having ABS
>his car having Airbags
K E K
E
K
>>
>>17885961
How autistic does one have to be in order to turn it off for daily driving?
>>
I only have ABS that doesn't kick in since my car has elder god tier braking and airbags that I'm considering getting rid off to save weight.
>>
>>17887138
This tbqh
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.