[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brakes grease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 3080_1378820744071_ctx-1.jpg (422KB, 1199x3584px) Image search: [Google]
3080_1378820744071_ctx-1.jpg
422KB, 1199x3584px
Which grease should I use on my brake pads?
>>
>>17885680
I just use whatever oily substance I have in my kitchen. Usually olive oil, but I've had to use mayo or butter one or twice.
>>
>>17885765
Are you cooking inside the caliper?
>>
>>17885680
>grease of any kind
>on the brake pads
I hope so much you're a troll and not that retarded. Keep that shit away from pads and discs.
>>
>>17885801
You're the one that's trolling or retarded. Grease can go on the outer pad, the part the touches the caliper and not the rotor.
>>
>>17885801
this is for:
>>17885765
>>
File: 71xK460EpuL._SL1500_.jpg (107KB, 1136x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71xK460EpuL._SL1500_.jpg
107KB, 1136x1500px
>>17885680
In my opinion this stuff is the best. I am a big fan of silicone as a lubricant. Between silicone oil and silicone grease, I use no petroleum lubricants on my car except for engine oil and stuff obviously.

This Superlube is available on amazon in tubes like in the pic related.

I also recommend Superlube silicone grease tubes for your grease gun. They make the perfect grease gun, it doesn't separate and leak out when it gets hot and the stuff lubricates better than normal grease. With the difference in price being so small, I would recommend using silicone grease on every application that you would use petroleum grease.
>>
>>17885965
What about ceramic grease for the brake pads?
>>
I just use whatever generic synthetic is on hand, not like it matters since it all runs and dries out before long. I'm sure there are some better options but I'm not a racer and failing to use the most premium stuff isn't going to cause my brakes to explode.
>>
File: 71Y4YXMzGoL._SL1440_.jpg (129KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
71Y4YXMzGoL._SL1440_.jpg
129KB, 1440x1440px
>>17885986

Never heard of using ceramic grease for brake pads. I have always seen silicone grease used. It's what brake pad manufacturers sometimes include in the little packets.

Also the great thing about silicone grease is that you can get pretty much any consistency that you want, ranging all the way from the liquid silicone oil all the way to very sticky and thick silicone grease or "paste."

Pic related is my favorite thick, sticky silicone grease. It is often used a sealant, but it is also good for lubrication. It's more expensive than SuperLube though.

Silicone oil is also food safe, so it is less disgusting to work with that petroleum grease. Sometimes I love my silicone grease so much that I want to eat it.
>>
>>17886014
Post vid of you eating it.
>>
>>17886555
I'll post a video of your mom eating it
>>
i just use fork oil
>>
>>17886563
But it has to be thicker, like grease
>>
>>17885774
No. Just not going to spend money on something that I have in my kitchen cabinet :)
>>
>>17886561
No one wants to see your single serving kids fun-size dick.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.