[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 2340.jpg (35KB, 520x245px) Image search: [Google]
2340.jpg
35KB, 520x245px
I currently have a 2007 Forester XT but it is a piece of shit and the worst purchase of my life, but I digress...

I just got back from a deployment and after renting a 2016 Ford Fiesta and experiencing how nice the ride quality is I want to purchase something fairly new. (I have always owned cars ranging from 1987-1994 before my 2007 Forester)

I want something that meets at least the following criteria:
- Manual transmission
- Rear wheel drive or all wheel drive
- Decent HP (200+)
- 2014 or newer
- Less than $25k

I was looking at the Hyundai Genesis' but I'm just not fully satisfied with the interior, plus it lacks misc things like a backup camera and stuff.. just seems like they cheaped out on a lot of features.
>>
I'll just say it right now, I do not want a Mustang.
>>
you literally just described a toyobaru.
i'm gonna say evo x, if you can find one for less than 25k.
>>
look at some toyobarus?
>RWD
>200hp
>manual
>GPS and infotainment comes standard
>upholstery on the premium or w/e package is nice
>less than $25k
>>
>>17885272

BRZ/FRS or a WRX. Or a used Evo X if you find a deal.

What's so bad about the Forester? Did you get sick and tired of your racecarmahdz? I own a stock WRX and its a great daily.
>>
>>17885283
>>17885287

I'm not a regular here but a quick Google search leads me to believe a Toyobaru is an 86/BRZ? I've looked at those but I really don't like the interior design and also the back seats are almost completely useless... at least from what I saw when I rode in one.
>>
>>17885310

Mine has an evap leak that nobody can figure out where it's coming from so it won't pass emissions, luckily I have been able to waiver it. It is also misfiring on cylinder 4 and a mechanic has suspected it to be a valve spring but he's not really sure... he's basically suggested finding another engine to swap it out.

Idk.. it's just that this is the newest car i've ever bought and it's given me more problems than any of my others. I was hoping to have less issues.
>>
>>17885313
yeah toyobaru = 86/brz
I'm not a fan of them either desu.
I would say get a legacy, but the newest gen only comes with CVT in the USA, which is where I assume you're from. you could get a 2.5GT fifth gen, but I'm not sure how much they cost honestly.
>>
>>17885272
used Mustang GT
>>
>>17885337
If the BRZ's were turbo, I might be able to overlook the interior, but yeah... they're pretty lame at just being around 200HP.

I'll look into the Legacy, I do kind of like the idea of having the convenience of a sedan/hatchback after having my Forester.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (141KB, 774x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg
141KB, 774x800px
>>17885347
>>
Genesis is ok, but for the 28 grand I spent I could have gotten a newish low miles v8 Camaro or Corvette and gotten twice the power in a similar or lighter package
>>
Honda Civic Si, put two pairs of Pirelli Zeros on it. You have a great daily driver and something for weekends on the circuit. 38/28 mpg, Japanese reliability, looks good (but not too good for the money), 205 hp @ 5700RPM which sits in the mid/high end of powerband, and you absolutely don't need anything faster than this. If it feels slow, just throw a bigger turbo into it.

It's the modern day Acura Integra Type R, which is the best handling FWD car of all time that also packs the most HP per liter of any car of the era. The only cars than handle better at the 2008 Honda S2000 and 90s Acura NSX.
>>
>>17885385

I do like the look of the new Camaros, the interior design is kind of weird but I think I could get over it. However the v8's, even a few years old, seem to be out of the price range I am looking at.

>>17885386

I was sort of considering settling for a FWD Honda but honestly it would start to annoy me knowing I'm driving a FWD vehicle... I do like the new front end on the Civics/Accords though.
>>
File: aimt.jpg (33KB, 540x342px) Image search: [Google]
aimt.jpg
33KB, 540x342px
>>17885272
Do it for the penis windows
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.