[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aussie Holden Cunts, help me out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 49448.jpg (68KB, 853x640px) Image search: [Google]
49448.jpg
68KB, 853x640px
I'm trying to get my vr 5ltr running after about 9 months in storage. I can get it to run shitly, but only with the map sensor, tps and idle controller disconnect, and it needs half a can of areostart sprayed into the throttle. Without the shit disconnected, it will start, then cough and die about 3 seconds in.
Any ideas?
>>
Shit done so far
>cleaned out fuel tank
>new fuel pump
>new fuel filter
>new leads
>new distributor cap and rotor button
>checked injectors
>cleaned plugs
>cleaned throttle body
>new idle control valve
>new map sensor and the retarded plug that goes into it
>>
>>17884852
you need to check the everything.
try doing a full service on it first including new spark plugs/check that they are even getting spark to them
>>
>>17884896
Spark plugs are only a year old and would be lucky to have 2000km on them. Also they're sparking fine.
>>
First, cut the shit with the ballistic reasoning and stop throwing parts at it with your fingers crossed.
It was in fucking storage, so 2 ideas. 1 is >90% likely. Failing that, it's likely 2.
1. Corrosion inside the injector bodies. They don't flow like they're supposed to anymore, the inj. dead time is fucked, and the ECU can't accurately deliver fuel for the car to fucking start and idle.
2. Rodent damage to wire harness, your signal ground for your sensors and iac is fucked
>>
>>17884933
So, replace the injectors and if the problem doesn't go away, it's time to bust out the wiring diagrams and the multimeter.
>>
>>17884933
Anyway to test the injectors without a flow bench or am I just gonna have to drop some dollarydoos on a new set and hope for the best?
>>
>>17884970
Yep, gonna have to replace them.
Looks like you've thrown plenty of dollarydoos in parts at it already...
You wouldn't believe how often this has worked... On cars that other mechanics / insurance / dealers had given up on...
Ethanol is hygroscopic.
>>
>>17885033
Cheers
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.