[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to become a better driver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: lampposts.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lampposts.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I can't seem to concentrate fully on the road, my mind is always wandering. I always end up braking really late at stops, or when a car is turning in front of me, for example.

The only education I have is that of the driver's license course, that's it. I don't know any cool tricks to make the girls wet. Cool cars are great and all, but a bad driver in a cool car is worse than a good driver in a shit car, right?

Please help me out, /o/
>>
>>17884582
Drive a manual.
>>
>>17884591
Really? How'd you even guess I drive an automatic? But you are right, I would have to concentrate better on the road. Although that's a bit of an expensive option.
>>
>>17884582
OP this should help you >>17884591
A manual forces you to always be aware of what is going on with your car, and from there, the road
>>
>>17884606
>my mind is always wandering

That's how he guessed.

I am the exact same way. Then again, I've only ever owned manual cars, but when I have driven automatic cars, it's just so fucking boring.
>>
>>17884627
Happens with me on long drives. I just stop caring about everything and end up driving like shit.
>>
>>17884582
>my mind is always wandering

This happens to be on occasion. I drive to work and then have no recollection of driving to work
>>
>>17884613
Of course, that would help me (Never thought of it, thanks) but I just bought my first car... I kinda feel like I bought my shitbox for nothing.
>>
>>17884582
Study chassis dynamics in depth for the mental part and then get a shitcar that you can rip the hel out of and go rip the hell out of it around the parking lot or the dirt patch or whatever else.

t. werked good 4 me
>>
>>17884637
Oh as for long drives acid works good for that. You'll feel like the entire universe is pivoting on living or dying depending on how you hold the corner and if you can escape everybody else knowing you're tripping hard.

But it keeps you awake.
>>
>>17884664
I already do coke on my dash for those long drives, but thanks for the tip
>>
>>17884655
Always wanted to do that, but never came around to it, especially since there are no good spots for that near me.
>>
File: whoolies.jpg (79KB, 960x694px) Image search: [Google]
whoolies.jpg
79KB, 960x694px
>>17884582
Learn to ride a motorcycle. Motorcycle riders that lived know how to do the following

1.Look further ahead than the average driver

2.Scan constantly for bogies to avoid getting into trouble rather than reacting to trouble.

3.Evaluate speed, distance, braking, and grip level when cornering, failing to do this is much more dangerous on a bike than in a car

4.Evaluate the behavior of other cars to determine what the other drivers are going to do before they do it. This includes figuring out if the driver can, or has, seen them.

5. sick whoolies.

additionally you can constantly play the "what if' game. What will I do if x situation arises right now? Also pay close attention to the mechanics of your driving. Turn the radio off and actually hear what the car is doing, what the road sounds like.
>>
>>17884655
For the chassis dynamics thing, where should I go?
>>
>>17884673
Switch to meth like the truckers use.
>>
>>17884679
Don't worry about it. The first time somebody does a strange lane change or a cop goes around you, that's when you know for sure you need to get off the road RIGHT NOW and get your head together in the shit stall of the gas station and time the whole thing on your watch to make sure they're not waiting for you.
>>
File: kawaninja.jpg (128KB, 1600x948px) Image search: [Google]
kawaninja.jpg
128KB, 1600x948px
>>17884682
Funny, I actually wondered if biking would help. Always wanted to try it, too.

also, kawi best bike
>>
>>17884688
Honestly I have no idea, and it's going to depend slightly your particular car. I watched a few jewtubes this morning for old-time's sake and they had nothing to do with actual racing.

Racing magazine articles and interbutt posts from 10-20 years ago should be easy if you want to spend time.
>>
>>17884691
Well I don't like sucking dick at truck stops so I don't think that's for me, sadly.
>>
>>17884722
That's because they realized it was not luxurious to have the car tip forward into the ground when the AC kicked on if you had a 4cyl and built it in to the computer programming.

I can still feel mine kicking on and off at idle and the different idle note even if they managed to hop around the bush for the on-throttle maps.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.