[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Private Lease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cupra.jpg (112KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
cupra.jpg
112KB, 900x596px
>22
>Driving a shitty 1.2 Renaul Clio for past 3 years (first car)
>Work full time but living at home for now so most income disposable

Considering upgrading my car to something nicer and more powerful, currently looking into private lease on something like a SEAT Leon Cupra (£250-300/mo).

Anyone have experience with doing private lease? Anything to be aware of? I know I need gap insurance.

I don't like the idea of increasing my fuel costs but a smallish hatchback like the Leon shouldnt be too bad (41 UK MPG avg claimed), plus I'm young and don't spend much on anything else so fuck it right?
>>
>>17883327
lol what pitiful cars. it sucks to be a eurocuck
>>
>>17883327
Even under those circumstances the worst fucking thing you could do is private lease a car. Especially a car you're planning to hoon around in.

Under lease it's not yours. It's literally renting the car for a longer term.

Buy a cheap pre-2000's GTI and a set of tools if you want to go fast (ish) and learn a thing or two about cars, or save all that disposable income and actually buy a second hand newer car with some balls.

Never private lease, never buy new.
>>
>>17883327
What in the world is a private lease?

Generally, leasing is not a good idea unless you are very rich and always want to drive the latest model or if the car you want is going to depreciate like a stone in the ocean and you have no desire to hold onto a rapidly depreciating asset.
>>
>>17883386
>save all that disposable income and actually buy a second hand newer car with some balls.

I have saved a reasonable amount, enough to buy a decent older used car but I don't really want to blow all my money at once (saving for deposit on a house) and also I don't want to have to worry about possibly expensive repairs.
>>
>>17883381

We'd drive ugly 8 litre trucks too if our fuel didn't cost 3x what yours does.
>>
Lease is for businesses.
Stay away.
>>
>>17883386
>Even under those circumstances the worst fucking thing you could do is private lease a car. Especially a car you're planning to hoon around in.

>>17883406
>Generally, leasing is not a good idea unless you are very rich and always want to drive the latest model

It's definitely not the most economical way to do it, but I'm kind of put off spending a lot on a second hand car because I'd be worried about something breaking and having to spend a lot on it whereas a new car will have a warranty. Also a decent newish Cupra for example is £20k+, so just spending a few hundred a mo seems more inviting.
>>
>>17883457
>Lease is for businesses.
>Stay away.

Got any actual reasoning for saying this?
>>
>>17883501
Businesses get to more or less deduct lease costs from their tax.
t. Europe so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
250-300 is a great budget for leasing.

Depending on your insurance you could get a lot for your money.

Leasing a car is only slightly different from any of the other things you do yearly..

And the difference is that when you hand it back, everything needs to be in order.

Otherwise its extra money to be paid.

Top lease tip. Wait wait wait..

Take a look now at prices and then compare them to other cars to see if they are worth it.. sometimes you may spot a great deal right away.

If not then wait until you do spot one.

...when the golf r was new they could be had for as little as 200!

...depends on if you could get insured.. if those deals are open to you.

Also.. factor in initial payment. Its usually between a grand or two.. but sometimes higher.

Secondly.. factor in mileage. Most leases are 8k or 10k miles.

..depending on the price you could go with either and not lose a lot.

Excess mileage can be very cheap sometimes.

And finally..

This is the website that should make it a lot easier for you..

Contracthireandleasing.

Learn to use it properly and it will not do you wrong.

I know most people would not do anything for me so..

Dont fk it up.

Goos luck.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.