[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1504529536935.png (115KB, 1484x1146px) Image search: [Google]
1504529536935.png
115KB, 1484x1146px
trying to get my damn bleeders unstuck. i've let them soak in pb blaster for several nights. don't have a torch. anyone got tips?
>>
>>17882813
Might as well buy a MAP gas torch from the hardware store. If you're doing your own work then you're going to come across more frozen nuts and bolts. Torching it is so quick and easy and just overall makes your life nice instead of hell and gives you the rest of your afternoon back.
>>
>>17882813
Just replace the calipers, they're not expensive or hard to do
>>
When I've had them stick and the tiny nut rounded off I could grab it with vice grips and unscrew it.
>>
>>17882825
it's like 45 bucks for cheapo ones. rather not blow money when they work just fine
>>
File: RXFS605B[1].jpg (64KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
RXFS605B[1].jpg
64KB, 500x332px
Get a torch and heat it up. They're cheap as fuck and a must-have for your toolset

Then use a flare nut wrench like pic related
>>
>>17882821
Using map you'll be there for an hour and you'll get tons of heat spread and heat up things you don't want to, like your calipers.

You need to get oxy acetaline, you'll get her cherry in a second or two and it will be concentrated heat. Makes for wicked differential heat expansions to crack corrosion.
But once you cook a fastener to get it off, that fastener is trash. You've destroyed the metal treatment. So your super tuff hard bolts become soft, almost mild steel soft.
>>
>>17882836
While you're at the hardware store, be suer to pick up some anti-seize compound for when you put everything back together. Then next time it won't be sezied.
>>
>>17882837
You don't need flare nut wrenches on a bleeder you doofus. You can stick a 6 point socket on it.
>>
>>17882842
Yeah torching with OA is tits, but who has an OA rig?

For weekend wrenching there's almost nothing I've come up against with so much heat soak you can't get it glowing with MAP in under a minute.
>>
>>17882837
>Your total will be $774.94, sir. Cash, check, money order, first born son, left kidney, or perhaps you'd like to enter into our credit program and pay more in the long run?
>Feel free to grab a free Snap-On branded mug, shirt, or temporary tattoo on your way out
>See you next week *wink*
>>
>>17882853
You still need them for the lines/hoses, also I'd use a box end wrench so you can close it before you take the vacuum hose off of it, and to help keep brake fluid off your tools and hands.
>>
>>17882858
I've got oxy acetylene. It's right at the rear end of my car in my garage.
You can get a used set up for like $50.
If you go to the homeless deathspot you'll spend $60 just to get a shitty map tank and head.
If you can't find a used oxy set just go get a used dissolved acetylene set, you can get a b tank filled for like $30 and you'll have more concentrated heat than a map.
Idk I guess I'm kind of a tool guy because I'll spend $300 to save $5 if it means I won't have to spend $5 ever again.

And for the love of God, don't try to use a propane torch to break loose corrosion. It won't work.
>>
>>17882872
I use a box if I'm bleeding, a socket if I'm removing.
>>
>>17882853
You could, yeah - not sure why I wouldn't rather recommend that
>>
>>17882873
>used set up for $50
yowzers. Tanks, goggles, and everything? I've never checked the used market actually.

>propane
lol I tried that once. Now that will take an hour if you're lucky enough to get it hot.
>>
>>17882899
Go to yard sales in older areas.
You'll have old mechanics, machinists, engineerds, car entusisiasts etc etc.
Trades men from the 70's.
They're old and dying. Welders are easier to come by, but I've bought two oxy sets at yard sales. both cost me $50 ea.
>>
>>17882813
Hammer on the next smallest socket, remove them, and replace them with speed bleeders.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.