[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

citroen cx

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2017-09-16-00-38-18.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-16-00-38-18.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
what does anon think about citroen cx 1977 y.m. ? is it classical car with price going up every year? there is on guy who wants to swap my jeep with his cx pallas 2.2 stick tranny. i want to swap the engine with turbo and automatic tranny. is it possible to buy mint condition engine and tranny from europe and ship to turd world kazastan?
what should I look for when I will make up my mind and get it?
>>
File: 1-800x600.jpg (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-800x600.jpg
93KB, 800x600px
>>
>>17882541
French here. I'm glad you're liking our cars. CX value is rising there. They have a nice spot currently in the used car market: It'll be cool in 5 years, they are cheaper than DS and more reliable than the XM. The motors are sturdy, and by sturdy i say Mercedes sturdy. The most common problems are rust and parts rarity. In france the cx isn't common because they were seen as trash for 20 years.

How many kilometers she have? Do you have rust?

Ips :secretly want a cx gti turbo
>>
>what do you think about the Citroen CX?
Love it.
>is it a classical car which price will keep on raising?
yes, provided you have a exemplar in very good condition and/or the higher trims like 25 gti turbo 2, 25 prestige turbo... 22 is not high trim but if it's in very good condition it might well increase in value.
>swapping the engine for a turbo and the trans for an automatic
might be feasible, don't know how much effort it would need. But not a good idea if you want to keep it all matching and have a raising value.
>is it possible to buy a mint condition engine and tranny from europe and ship it to kazakhstan?
Possible? Of course. Easy? Absolutely fucking not. You will have to rummage through a LOT of classifieds to find an original engine in good condition from a turbo. Plus those M-series engines existed only in the CX, no other Citroen got them. You might be better off trying to import a complete (and mint) 25 gti turbo.
>what should I look for when I go to check it out?
Leaks in the hydraulic circuit. Check that it works well, make the car go up and down a few times, it should do so without noise and relatively fast. if possible, have the guy show you maintenance records for this car. Hydraulic fluid changes should appear. This supension system is GOAT but it takes some effort to keep it in good shape.
Other than that, regular old car stuff: oil leaks, does it start when hot/cold, how does the oil/coolant look like, does it shift OK...
>>
>>17882677
the owner is some kind of weirdo crackhead mechanic.
he has an autoblog with service story to that cx and he himself searched for rust under the cover and seats
i will post fotos
>>
These things are cool as fuck and super comfy, but if something goes wrong with the hydraulics they're a massive pain in the ass to fix. Requires serious dedication.
>>
File: 7ae5f3es-960.jpg (209KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
7ae5f3es-960.jpg
209KB, 960x720px
how does it looks like? for me in better condition than some new anerican and korean cars
>>
File: 5c15f3es-960.jpg (367KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
5c15f3es-960.jpg
367KB, 960x1280px
>>
File: 8965f3es-960.jpg (196KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
8965f3es-960.jpg
196KB, 960x720px
>>
Look what I found
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1074858122.htm?ca=1_s
>>
Last "real" Citroen. Probably a good investment if you want a car that will considered a classic and be worth a lot when you retire.

>>17882702
If it's original and unmolested buy it.

>>17882711
You just need to find someone who maintains hydropneumatic Citroens, there are still people around.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.