[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I just had a 93 tune put on my GTI but my tank is full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2258.jpg (32KB, 300x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2258.jpg
32KB, 300x363px
Hey /o/ I just had a 93 tune put on my GTI but my tank is full of 89. I've emptied it to about half, can I just add some octane booster from AutoZone or some shit to balance it out? The one I'm looking at is 108 octane and it treats 16 gallons, so I'll just use half the bottle
>>
By my estimate it'll take about a gallon of 108 to comfortably push a half tank of 89 up to 93.
>>
File: 1504044160458.jpg (30KB, 326x323px) Image search: [Google]
1504044160458.jpg
30KB, 326x323px
Yes, that's what octane booster is for. Just throw the whole bottle in, what are you going to use the rest for? I don't think you can use too much (it'll tell you on the bottle), it's not like too high octane will make your car run bad (as opposed to too low).
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17882431
>>17882486

I just bought this shit. Says not recommended for cars with cats or o2 sensors butthis was the strongest shit they had. Will it work?
>>
File: makin power.jpg (87KB, 671x662px) Image search: [Google]
makin power.jpg
87KB, 671x662px
>>17882620
look to power man for the answer, OP
>>
>>17882620
Well considering it doesn't list its own octane, just bullshit "up to" numbers and it has a cartoon character on the label I'm going to say probably not. I didn't bother to google that product either though. Not my car.
>>
No wonder they shot up the school. Imagine the depression of seeing comic cans every single day.
>>
>>17882634
This was the strongest shit. All the other ones only claimed to increase 31 points or 3.1 octane
>>
>>17882691
"up to"? Basically you need the stuff that has the best octane/price ratio and then you need to do the math on how much you need to add to meet your minimum requirement OR you can just assume something will be "good enough" and listen for knock. Or don't, it's your car.
>>
>>17882620
You only need an increase of 4 points, why would you get stuff that has potential negative side effects?
>>
>>17882620
Octane booster or penis enlargement?
>>
>>17882367
siphon out the gas tank and fill with 93. It's not hard.
>>
>>17882906
>>17882791
>>17882719

It's all good mates. I emptied the full bottle in there and then filled the rest of the tank up with 93. It's close enough. Romped on it a few times already and this APR stage 1 tune is magical. Third gear feels like second now
>>
>>17882620
Kys faggot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.