[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how hard is it to maintain a Wankle? Is it just replacing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So how hard is it to maintain a Wankle? Is it just replacing the seals every so many miles or do the engines inevitably just shit themselves after not that long? The engines seems extremely simple compared to piston engines.
>>
>>17882007
Just keep the oil, cooling in check, go easy on a cold engine, premix, redline it once a day and such and they can easily last 100k miles.
Honestly they're not as unreliable as people meme. For a road going racecar engine they're good
>>
The seals will be a bitch, and they get pretty caked in carbon residue every now and again due to the design. Just swap the oil early, and run those engine cleaner fluids in it every now and again.

Unless youre redlining a 727 every coldstart you'll be fine.
>>
>start it everyday for 10 minutes
>keep the oil topped up
>premix your gas

The main thing is to check your injectors for buildup and start the car up and rev it to 3000 for a few minutes daily. These motors love to run as long it's daily. If you let it sit you're cooked.
>>
>be in traffic behind an RX-8
>noise is audible from miles away
>the exhaust fumes of gallons of burned oil is flooding my car making me choke
>brap's away

I want one
Photos really don't do RX-8s justice, they look so much better in person
>>
>>17882050
Wait, redlining it is a good thing?
>>
>>17882774
if the engine is warm and lubricated yeah. not for extended amounts of time but in short bursts it's good.
>>
>>17882774
Yes, they are very rev-happy motors. A lot of the small japanese cars are great for this, as the redline is usually engineered well below the point of failure or damage

now if you downshift and you over-rev, wew good luck
>>
you have to check all fluids constantly depending how much you drive, short oil change intervals. you can not overheat it or it'll die. let it come up to operating temp, try to stay under 4k rpm when it's cold. premix, make sure it's a tc-w3 rated premix 1/2oz - 1oz per gallon

rev it once a week atleast.
keep your coolant system in check, make sure it's not low, etc. check your spark plugs. keep ignition system well serviced. change your coils when you're supposed to, a misfire while hooning can crack an apex seal or just cause hesitation at rpms, change your coolant yearly

pretty much what used to be in all piston engine manuals to constantly check but can be ignored for a long time with no problems. you have to check with a rotary, otherwise it might get rekt

>>17882114
just use some seafoam when you first get a used one. then use the guides on how to use water, or just start with water. it's free and easy
and a basic water injection kit is a good thing, and will keep it clean by just driving it and getting it into the injection start range a few times a drive
>>
>>17882774
Burns carbon off the rotors which in turn prolongs longevity
>>
>>17882007

What you should normally do with a carz but in shorter intervals.

It's an enthusiast car that received bad criticism because of casuals who were expecting a sporty sedan.
>>
>Apex Seals
>Apex Seals
>Apex Seals
5 QT OF OIL IN THE TRUNK ALWAYS
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.