[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hauling crap on a fiberglass topper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: truckmat.jpg (35KB, 841x415px) Image search: [Google]
truckmat.jpg
35KB, 841x415px
hey, i want to haul in pallets, old couches and fridges and scrapwood to slab city DIY skatepark over the course of a couple weeks and can either borrow and install my girlfriends roofrack or i could just do something ghetto like this:
install tiedown hooks on the side of the bed
lay a box spring mattress on top or a number of movingmats over the top of my topper and then strap down whatever crap i want to put on top
i figure a boxspring would distribute the load evenly over the top of the arched roof. how much weight can one of these badboys handle? most fridgerators weigh no more thann 150lb, yeah?
>>
File: smug shrug asuka.jpg (216KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smug shrug asuka.jpg
216KB, 1440x1080px
or you could just use the pick up bed as a way to transport such items
>>
>>17880333
Break the top with a hammer to create bed-fill and then you can strap it to the top of the bed.
>>
modern fridges are like 330 pounds
>>
>>17880340
Literally this.
>>
>>17880333
first of all you need to explain why you are doing this at all?
why not just take the topper off first? what is the purpose of leaving it on?
>>
>>17880340
>>17880360
>>17880373
>or you could just use the pick up bed as a way to transport such items

i will be keeping a bed in the bed along side a bunch of food and clean laundry. ill be living in there.

the purpose is to build a scrapwood/garbage bmx/skatepark out of an old olympic sized swimpool a hundred miles outside of los angles. ill be driving into the city every couple days or so to dick around and scavange materials
>>
File: IMG_20170828_113931174.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170828_113931174.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>17880412
wew i dont know where to start with this plethora of material so ill just leave it be

get a trailer to pull behind the truck
first of all its much more difficult to secure a load to a roof not designed for it than it seems.
(see pic related)it was a harrowing 10 miles))
also the first time you try to put something heavy on it (such as a refrigerator) it will in a best case scenario fall off of the top and kill someone
worst case scenario. it will either make the topper collapse or if you managed to secure it properly it will make the truck so top heavy that it will flip the fucker and kill you
a cheap trailer from craigslist is the way to go
>>
ok then a fridge is too heavy. how much weight can i load on a run of the mill roofrack? 50lbs? 5pallets?
>>
>>17880480
dont know depends on the rack
im tellin you just get a shitty cheap trailer on craigslist
in my area theres tons in the 200-500 dollar range
>>
>>17880517
is registering one of these pieces of crap easy to do in california? and how about driving one these around and parking it in california? and are they easily stolen cuase i wanna be able to dive around slabcity with it unhooked but not stolen. remove a wheel everytime i park it?

i have a bumper hitch but if im never towing more than like 500lbs (trailer weight included) then i should be alrgiht? ya?
>>
also no one has mentioned a ladder rack that fits around the topper
althought i imagine that in itself would weight around 200+lb
>>
>>17880653
>he needs a rack to strap shit to his roof
I'm sorry your roof is made of daipers
>>
>>17880653
I just folded up some canvas dropcloths to avoid scratches last time I strapped stuff to the roof. You have to be a bit clever about where and how to anchor the straps but it worked great.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.