[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The first time you see a driver less vehicle... what do...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: Mystery Van.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery Van.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
The first time you see a driver less vehicle... what do...
>>
>>17878839
Play chicken with it and whatever else I can think of to confuse the AI.
>>
>>17878839
What a shitty study. Even if the driver wasn't cosplaying as a seat, people would notice the obnoxious flashing lights. Fully autonomous vehicles are not yet legal on public roads and in test vehicles with humans inside monitoring systems the vehicles tend to stand out due to the unusual sensors.
>>
File: hack.jpg (71KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
71KB, 800x450px
>>17878844
Researchers at the University of Washington confused autonomous cars into misidentifying road signs, and they did it with simple stickers they made a home computer. The researchers put stickers on road signs and managed to convince the car’s image-detecting alogorithms that they were seeing, say, a speed limit sign instead of a stop sign.
>>
File: Mystery Van2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery Van2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>17878896
A way to communicate with meat bags.
>>
>>17878937
And the thing is once these become commonplace people are going to trade tips and tricks over the internet on how to fuck with them for the lulz. In one way, that's good for the manufacturers to help them sort out the problems more rapidly. But historical precedent is that humans will always be a few steps ahead, commoditize zero days, and use manipulation of the AI for various forms of corporate warfare, murder, endless litigation, and all that sort of thing.

Meanwhile the nerd who have a hard-on for driverless will continue to get major grants for continuing to double down on something that makes you wonder why money should have been spent to develop in the first place.
>>
>>17878937
Even worse, with a simple wrench you can remove a stop sign, or cover one up with a burlap sack, fooling both autonomous and human driven vehicles. How will we stop this?! It will become an epidemic!
>>
File: 1504575916503.jpg (46KB, 566x562px) Image search: [Google]
1504575916503.jpg
46KB, 566x562px
>>
File: mfw-charles-ii-of-spain.jpg (15KB, 468x326px) Image search: [Google]
mfw-charles-ii-of-spain.jpg
15KB, 468x326px
vandalize it

OR create a situation where it's forced to choose between destroying itself or taking a human life
>>
File: bikeedgecasepredictions1.jpg (182KB, 1180x663px) Image search: [Google]
bikeedgecasepredictions1.jpg
182KB, 1180x663px
What to do?
>>
>>17879055
nigger

>>17879087
you know they use radar and infrared too, right?
>>
>>17879114
How is that nigger? Leaving it up to a computer whether to risk killing person A or person B is one of the biggest serious moral and legal questions in play for these things.
>>
File: Autonomous Trap 001.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Autonomous Trap 001.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>17879114
Yup, ur right.... just need to post something, until I got the timing correct on this next WebM

>>17879003
>>17878987
James Bridle’s work Autonomous Trap 001 imagines using a salt circle to trap a self-driving car “using no-entry and other glyphs.”
>>
File: lego FJ.jpg (241KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
lego FJ.jpg
241KB, 1024x679px
>>17879134

This. If anything it's the antithesis of nigger - niggers have no morals.
>>
>>17878839
I've seen Google's Lexus with the spinning thing on top a few times, didn't really care.
>>17878937
I'm guessing when they really start pushing them out on the roads they'll ask local legislators to impose heavy fines or penalties for dumbfucks that try to vandalize signs.
And if that's still not enough they'll add cameras to more intersections, possibly including the ability to catch speeders to pay for it all, so you have them to blame for your mailed speeding ticket.
>>
>>17879190
Oh good. So they force inferior cars on to the road and then get the government to punish everybody by putting up more cameras and hire a bigger bureaucracy and worse police state.

Can't wait. Why didn't we do this sooner?
>>
>>17879224
That's only if it's a problem.
You could already fuck with drivers now if you were stupid enough, just paint stop signs the match their surrounding, or remove them entirely. What makes it different that you're targeting automated vehicles?
>>
>>17879234
Because regular people generally don't even notice the signs unless they're in an unfamiliar area, will be able to recognize a fucked up sign with superior human pattern recognition, and are able to navigate unexpected situations with body language.

I'm not saying to go mess with road signs. I'm saying drawing the conclusion that the government should charge us for the shortcomings of self-driving cars is backward.
>>
>>17879234
Because it's much easier to fuck with self driving cars. It only takes 3 stickers. To cause havoc for human drivers requires a lot more effort and planning.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.