[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2010 Toyota Corolla Repair Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

So /o/ I have a car repair question about a 2010 Toyota Corolla. I have a female friend who owns a 2010 Toyota Corolla who has had problem with it. She started her car up, while it was in the driveway, pulled it into her garage to put it out of harms way before Hurricane Irma hit. The car was then shut off and left for a couple of days. When she tried to start it again after the storm passed, the car would just crank and not actually start running. After a few tries she started hearing a grinding sound and stopped. She called a tow truck and had it towed to a local repair shop. The repair shop claims that the reason her car would not start, is that she hadn't let it run long enough to get warm after she initially started the engine and moved it into the garage, before shutting it off. They claimed that her car can't handle a short start, be moved and then shut off. That unless it gets warm, the gas remains in the cylinder, and it acts like the engine is flooded on an old model car. That the only way for it to be restarted again, is they had to remove the spark plugs and clean them because they became fouled from the gasoline, and that in the future, her car has to be run long enough for the engine to warm up, before it can be shut off, or this may happen to her again.

My question is, is this an actual known issue with 2010 Toyota Corolla's, or is what the repair shop told her a bunch of bullshit? I would be surprised if a Toyota is not capable of being started in the summertime heat of Florida when the engine is cold, pulled forward into a garage, shut off, and allowed to sit for a few days, and it can't be started again without needing work done on it, but that is what the repair place has told her was the issue.

Is this a known issue on her model of car, and if so, what can be done if anything, by the owner to get it to start without having to have it towed.

Thanks for any input/advice/knowledge you have on this problem.
>>
>>17878710
Really?!? No one knows anything about this?
>>
>>17878710
>female
>friend

Fucking cuck

You can start and stop a modern engine as much as you want it won't flood.
>>
>>17878710
>the reason her car would not start, is that she hadn't let it run long enough to get warm after she initially started the engine and moved it into the garage, before shutting it off.

This is a load of shit. Grinding noise was probably the battery being nearly dead from all the cranking and the starter solenoid not fully engaging. As for why it wouldn't fully start, that could be a multitude of things, but keep in mind the 3 important factors of ignition:
Spark
Fuel
Air

Check for any problems with all three of those
>>
>>17878710
they're full of shit. why wouldn't you just take it to the dealer?
>>
>>17879684
Its probably just a shit battery that can't start the car. Wouldn't be surprised if his friend left a light on.
>>
>>17879695
Had that problem with my car for a while. Battery was toast. Ended up scrapping the car for parts afterwards anyway, wasn't even worth buying a new battery for.
>>
>>17879712
>start up old work truck
>seen better days
>hood doesn't really stay shut
>start her up, roars to life
>runs for about 5 minutes then dies
>alternator is dead
>been sitting in the same spot for 4 months now

I'll get to it eventually.
>>
>>17879720
>Start up old car
>Turn key
>Fucking nothing
>Notice security light is on in dash
>O ok
>Do steps to reset security system, try spare key
>Same thing
>After some research and testing, turns out ECM is deddy spegeddy
>Take plates off car to prepare for scrap
>Few days of procrastination
>Try one last time
>Cranks
>O gee maybe u aernt ded
>Get boost, drive around for a day
>Park car
>Same shit next day
>Leave it for months
>Finally get it towed after stripping it down to nothing

Parts of that car live on on my new car at least. Neber forgetti RIP neon 2005 - 2017
>Also had original OEM battery that came from the factory kek
>>
>>17878710
>I have a female friend
Bread on tits.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.