[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of selling first car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170914_125655.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170914_125655.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Someone looked at it last night, made an offer (even a deposit) and it made me realize how much I really don't want to sell it. Maybe I should just drive it to death

What was your first car, /o/? What happened to it?

Pic not related
>>
What car you doofus and how much are they offering?
>>
>>17877619
I still own my first car
>>
>>17877629
1981 BMW E21
$2000
>>
>>17877661
Have you been taking care of it? How's paint/interior?
>>
I still own my first car. Frankly it's pretty boring and I've pondered selling it and looked at ads for a while, but I'm scared of ending up with something far worse because I'm a complete chump about inspecting and judging used cars.
>>
>>17877670
Here's the ad
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/6304488077.html
>>
>>17877691
You'll always miss your first car no matter how much of a piece of shit it is. Consider this carfully.
>>
>>17877691
Wow its a piece of shit.
I totally get being attached to it though
I am facing the same problem with my own piece of shit
>>
>>17877699
The question is should I sell it and buy a car that doesn't BURN MY WALLETâ„¢ or drive it to the ground
>>
>>17877699
Very true. My first car was a gs300 which I bought a month ago. I sold it because the Arab treated it horribly but it wasn't apparent at first. My new car has far less problems but I miss the gs dearly. I barely drove it like 100 miles.
>>
>>17877691
>living in a place I don't like
you probably deserve to be sad in some way
>>
>>17877709
Seems like you've always driven it to the ground, so it may indeed be time to part ways with it
>>
>>17877729
Already *
>>
>>17877729
The two previous owners did zero maintenance and I inherited all the problems, I do what I can to upkeep it
>>
>>17877619
I hated selling my first car. Didn't know shit about cars and it had a blown head gasket and fucked up radiator so I had to. I'd never get rid of my current cars unless they were totalled beyond fixing.
>>
>>17877738
Well it's a personal assesment. You never get the money back that you dump into a car, so if the money you pour into it is worth the enjoyment or sentiment the car provides, keep it. If not, sell it.
>>
You're only going to live for a finite amount of years. Own as many cars as you can in that short time.
>>
File: hateful pile of shit.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hateful pile of shit.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
First car
>1984 Vauxhall Astra
It was shit. I sold it for scrap, and I'm fucking glad.
>>
>>17877619
My first car I had to get rid of when I lost part of the carb and it no longer could pass emissions and it would have just cost too much to keep running. It was literally starting to fall apart at that point. Many sads watching it go to the crusher, but it was basically a pet you had to put down already.

Second car similar. Had it for so long it was starting to do weird old car things and it would have started rusting out in another 1-3 years when the timing belt slipped, engine lunched itself, and so there again like a pet you have to put down. I'd been planning on starting to look for a replacement anyway.

Current car? This might be the first one I sell before I need to. It's a little weird that so far it just feels like a neat toy that I might want to trade in for a different neat toy at some point.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.