[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toyota Celica woes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: mycar.jpg (298KB, 847x635px) Image search: [Google]
mycar.jpg
298KB, 847x635px
I've had a 1994 Toyota Celica ST I bought from some mexican as a beater for $1500 for 2 weeks now. So far it has yet to fail me, but fuck me it hesitates when I floor the damn thing. If I accelerate slow, then nothing happens. However, if I accelerate fast, then it kinda cuts off before going and "knocks" below 3000 rpm.

I've replaced the spark plugs, the spark plug wires, and put a new air intake filter inside. Nothing seems to work. What could it be, /o/? Also, the gear shifter seems like there is something in the way. I can shift, but I have to do it somewhat carefully, and firmly because it feels like something is blocking the shifts.

> tl:dr
Car hesitates on acceleration, and shifter feels like it's blocked. What do?
>>
Fucking picture resizer, anyway pic related my car.
>>
>>17877028
This is a slow board, not your personal trouble shooting forum, take it to a celica forum or a mechanic if you're itching to know that bad.
>>
>>17877042
I can wait, no worries.
>>
Try changing the muffler bearing. It can affect back-air pressure in the exhaust on hard accel. Might be loose or something which is probably causing the knocking sound as well.

Kinda hard to get to though, they're made for the car's lifetime so you'll have to cut into the exhaust pipe to get at it, its usually right before the muffler though... shouldn't be hard to find.
>>
>>17877193
i'll keep that in mind. I have a friend that has a jack, so i'll take a look under later. Thanks!
>>
could it also be maybe the injectors needed cleaned?
>>
>>17877193
hur dur you got me, thanks for being so helpful.
>>
>>17877387
Honestly i was hoping you'd actually cut your muffler off.

Why dont you fucking google it instead of having us do your research for you.
>>
>>17877398
Because i did fucking google and want to compare results of different options from all sources of the internet.

I see distributer cap, throttle body, and injectors. I want to know which one it might be so I don't spend more money on a problem that wont be fixed.
>>
>>17877007
Did you check for any engine codes?
>>
>>17877418
Not yet, and honestly I should do that. The last owner said that the check engine light was because of new headers that didn't have an extra hole for the o2 sensor, but I should know better than that. Thanks.
>>
>>17877431
First thing to do before going out on a googling adventure.
>>
Change the shifter lever bushings, change transmission fluid
the knocking sounds like it is misfiring
here are the possible reasons:
1. O2 sensor defunct
2. MAF/MAP defunct or whatever this has
3. Worse, Headgasket needs to be changed/leaking.
If it has an aftermarket air intake, get that shit off and put the stock one in.
check if exhaust is not leaking/broke
If anything just run an OBD2 scanner and read the engine's issues.

As previous jackasses have said, this is a slow board and not your personal vlog. Please sign onto a celica related forum and ask them there.
>>
>>17877431
Here's your knocking problem. it's missing an o2 sensor.
>>
>>17877458
>just needs a new o2 sensor!!
>>
>>17877452
This and check coil(s). Can cause hesitation or even misfires
>>
>The last owner said that the check engine light was because of new headers that didn't have an extra hole for the o2 sensor.
>Check engine light
>new headers
>didn't have a hole for the o2 sensor.

>>17877469
You're a retarded bus riding little faggot
>>
OP here

Scanner shows EGR system fail and LEFT SUB 02S SIG

First one is obvious, but wonder what the 2nd one is
>>
>>17877592
It means you're a leftist subhuman.
>>
>>17877612
Upboated ;)
>>
>>17877592
sounds like an o2 sensor
>>
>>17877007
Before you go through all the trouble of removing your transmission, try disassembling your shifter linkages and look for worn down parts. This is a lot cheaper and easier to fix than a problem with the transmission's internals.
>>
Thank you to everyone that gave me legitimate advice. I'm going to clean the egr valve tomorrow since I have no school tomorrow, and I'll see what happens.

I already have a guide looked up on the celica forums with pictures, so I will follow it and decide if either the valve needs replaced or just cleaned.
>>
>>17877812
Glad to hear that you got some help.
Stop posting and lurk more.
>>
>>17877832
Seriously, i've seen the same posts on this website and people actually help. Why am I unlucky to be shitted on for just learning how to maintain my car?
>>
File: 1429470413914.jpg (89KB, 590x618px) Image search: [Google]
1429470413914.jpg
89KB, 590x618px
>>17877852
If you have to ask a question like that. That's why.
We have /qtddtot/ for posts like this. And as stated above, you'd get better advice from actual owners of the car on a more specialized website.
>>
Always start with the low hanging fruit. You did an ignition tune up, which is good. Try a new fuel filter next, or clean/replace your injectors if you're feeling adventurous
>>
>>17877007
Check your PCV valve on top of the rocker cover, if its leaking oil you might have some problems with the rocker cover gasket (or worse head gasket).
Before you look at those if your PCV is leaking oil or looks damaged, replace it! cost me 15 AUD.
These celicas run terrible when the PCV is damaged no idea why. I doubt it will fix all your problems but it might help.
Come post on 6GC.
>>
>>17877042
lmao what a faggot
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.