[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I feel like you guys would be better to ask than DIY
I had my oil changed at a dealership a month and a half - 2 months ago (maybe 1k miles if that) and the oil light already came back on (and it's almost completely dry [im changing the oil today]).
Do you think I should change the oil filter? I read it takes 4qts, but isn't that if you do the filter too? (So would I then just use 3.5qts?)
It's a 2010 Honda Accord 4cyl
Thanks guys
>>
How are you burning through oil so quick on a new car?
>>
How the FUCK is your car consuming that much oil? Did the dealership fuck up?

Always do the filter when you do the oil
>>
I honestly have no idea, I haven't seen any oil on my driveway or at work... It happened to my brothers '02 Accord as well (but that car needs a few things done to it)
>>
The only thing I can think of that would cause it on my car would be that it was a dealership coupon for a free oil change. I was thinking it may be a tech that didn't care and wanted it out of the bay so he halfassed it... I can't think of anything else
>>
You have bigger problems than whether or not to change the oil filter (may as well do it though). Any white smoke coming from the exhaust? Really get up in there and look for leaks, too. Just because you don't leave spots in your driveway doesn't mean it isn't leaking somewhere in there.
>>
>>17876144
I had my boss look for white smoke but he didn't see any, I was going to pull my car into the garage at my work and let it dry (it's been raining) and then check for leaks. I assumed if it went in, the tech would look for a leak or something, but I guess you can't trust everyone so much...
>>
>>17876125
when was the last time you checked it? of course you should change the fucking oil filter.
>>
Change the god damn filter too. It's like $5 extra don't be a jew. Your car is either burning oil like a mother fucker or someone did not add enough oil. Maybe drain plug loose?
>>
>>17876125
Take it to dealer and blame it on them
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.