[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most durable and reliable car on the market right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1502598773913.jpg (668KB, 1440x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1502598773913.jpg
668KB, 1440x1016px
No truck or SUV faggotry
>>
File: CAC70HOC021B121001.jpg (237KB, 2100x1386px) Image search: [Google]
CAC70HOC021B121001.jpg
237KB, 2100x1386px
>>
>>17875278
Prius
>>
Probably the Civic 2.0L or Corolla 1.8L with 6 speed manuals. Mazda's Skyaactiv shit is weak by being light and high compression. Nissan, no way. Fords Focus and Fiesta fucking suck. (my fiesta blew a head gasket cause water pump went out at 77k mikes) The 1.5T CVT Civic is a great buy though and its not that bad to have a transmission rebuilt or replaced. Turbo too. If you can afford a 20k econobox, a tranny rebuild aint shit to worry about. I know cause Ive had it done three times in my years. A 2002 ford explorer, 2003 accord and 2011 fiesta.
>>
I change my vote. I would say the Camry or Accord. Or the Lexus/ Acura equivalent. I just feel that they are made much better than the economy compact cars (corolla civic) and bigger 2.4/2.5L engines are less strained to move the slightly heavier cars than the weak ass sub two liter engines. Transmissions are also overbuilt to handle the extra weight and power. And they can tow, bigger better brakes, bigger cooling systems, battery/ alternator, stronger axles and steering mechanism. They cost a lot more for lots of reasons, and its not cause of useless tech and bells&whistles
>>
>>17875278

Dacia Logan/Sandero 1.5dci
>older Clio platform
>even older engine - the famous K9K which debuted in 1995 and was used by a lot of companies including Renault, Nissan and even Mercedes.
>>
>>17875278
Any car that well maintained.

>>17876184
Do you have one? I'm thinking of getting in debt next year for a cheap shitbox, between the new Twingo and the Sandero, both at the same price. Which would would you go for?
>>
>>17876158
Those 1.5L turbo civic engines have only been around for like 2 years. There's no reason to have the transmission or turbo replaced . The transmission alone will be 3500 to replace
>>
>>17876206

The Sandero is light years in front of the Twingo when it comes to practicality
>big as a fckin Golf
>actually pretty study

The only thing that the Twingo has is a somewhat better interior quality and a much more modern design. But you lose a lot of space and it costs more.

Several friends have Logans, and the consensus is that the 1.5dci is a fantastic engine, whereas for petrol you should go for the 0.9TCe, as the 1.2 petrol is just not enough.
And the Easy-R robotized semi-auto box seems to be pretty sturdy, but the manual is still better and it fits the car's style.

The Logan and the Twingo are in 2 whole different classes. One is a practical family car, the other is a posh city car fashion accessory.
>>
>>17876158
>If you can afford a 20k econobox, a tranny rebuild aint shit to worry about
Years that's only adding like 5k to the cost of ownership
>>
>a thread with no provable answer

V8 camaro with no options
>>
>>17876217
Maybe because every car has its flaws and there are no end all be all solutions

If you wanna take the more pessimistic approach you could say all car companies purposely make their cars like shit so they break down more often so they get more future sales
>>
Lexus LS460
>>
>>17876214
When the time comes I'll try them out, if i get into debt for a shitbox im not getting any extras and going for the basic base model. may end up picking the one with the most extras for the money.
>>
Probably the manual Honda Fit since it's a concept they've been improving on for like 16 years now and when Honda does a simple car rusts long before it really breaks and even if it does you could replace the entire engine and transmission for a few grand.
>>
I have a 2012 Focus and it's a piece of shit. Pretty sure the transmission is going to die any day now. What can I buy with the $5-6k I can get for it?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.