[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would it be illegal if i got a vinyl wrap made and installed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: plates.jpg (677KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
plates.jpg
677KB, 1024x768px
would it be illegal if i got a vinyl wrap made and installed onto my car that was just a print of a pattern of license plates and attached my real license plate onto my car so that it fit perfectly in the pattern? technically im still displaying my legal, unaltered plate.
>>
File: 1501247777877.gif (464KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1501247777877.gif
464KB, 300x225px
>>17872543
Maybe.
>>
Is it legal for me to put my plate on upside down? I just want to do it to be zany.
>>
>>17872543
Post results.
>>
File: gay.jpg (211KB, 781x554px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
211KB, 781x554px
>>17872569
back in the early 2000s i saw a few people driving around town in ricemobiles with crooked plates. they had aftermarket trunk lids with actual built-in crooked recessed mounting locations. i thought it looked retarded, and im pretty sure they got fix-it tickets for them as i didnt see them on the road for too long.
>>
File: 1463648832068.jpg (86KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
1463648832068.jpg
86KB, 640x354px
>>17872543
>would it be illegal if i got a vinyl wrap made and installed onto my car
You should read the laws of your state.

I think that the downsides of doing this outweigh any public art demonstration of your car. That's because if you ever get pulled over, the officer will automatically think you are a "Smart Aleck" and always give you the maximum citation(s) because they do not like people who try to mock the law with their cars.

If you have the money to wrap your car fully, why not do it more stylishly instead?
>>
>>17873083
>if you ever get pulled over
oh im sure it would happen immediately. it's just a thought experiment. it wouldn't be worth the hassle for anything more than a joke, but im just wondering if technically there's a law against it. like a regulation against displaying 'falsified' plates or something. and if there's a grey area. ive seen people with euro front plates and those seem to be legal. what if the 'fake plates' on my wrap were all vanity plates? would probably still have the same camouflaging effect if the coloring and patterns were correct.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.