[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subaru BRZ vs. Hyundai Genesis vs. Volkswagen Jetta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Which car is better? I just wanna ride around in comfort, don't want a shitty interior or a shitty performing engine. I think Volkswagen uses same engine as Audi and BMW? But the BRZ and Genesis are more sporty.

I'm looking for one <5 years old and <100,000 km of mileage. ~ 30K CAD
>>
get the 3.8 in the genesis, the 2.0 is garbage but the 3.8 is pretty solid. The best engine out of the 3. the brz has the superior suspension and transmission. the jetta can fuck off
>>
>>17867993

Is the Jetta's interior more luxurious? I don't want like a Mustang, powerful engine but shitty interior.
>>
>>17867977
BRZ isn't exactly a comfortmobile. I have the top level trim and the interior is kind of nice in a
>look I have a cheap jap funcar
kind of way, but it's not luxurious

It is however very comfortable and fun, even over rough roads, if that's the kind of ride quality you're looking for. I don't mind being in it for 10hrs straight on a long road trip, but I'm not everyone.
>>
>>17868024

Does the Genesis have a nicer interior than the BRZ?
>>
I would get a v6 camaro 1le. It's on the ATS platform.
>>
>>17868029
I've never been inside a Genesis. Head to a couple of stealerships or whatever and sit in each one.

Honestly I was put off when I took the BRZ on a test drive by how rough the ride was. Noticed the torque dip (didn't know it had one) taking off from the first traffic light. But after swapping the wheels from 17" to 16" and getting used to how it likes to be driven, those things don't bother me over the long haul. As for the interior, it looks nice enough for the car, it has some neat gizmos, I've taken quite a liking to the seat warmers even though they're not very powerful, the radio sucks like everybody says, the sound is meh but doesn't make me hate it.

I think you're getting down to personal preference at this point and I'm just saying the BRZ isn't a luxury ride.
>>
>>17868029
probably
>>
Jetta is a German economy car. Nicest car for the price except maybe brand new Malibu which is actually pretty impressive.

Id get the BRZ/86/FRS no question though. Good sport car despite the lack of power

Genesis sucks.
>>
>>17867977
they're all shit. get a civic for 5k (3k usd) or fix your current car.
>>
I'd get a BRZ over the genesis and jetta any day. handling will be superb compared to those other two
>>
>>17868310
Now that the honeymoon is over and I have to decide whether I really like the BRZ or not, or how long to keep it, I'll say this. It's a driver's car. If you want one because it's a driver's car but still has decent appointments, cargo ability, and other things that you might want in a DD: it's great cheap fun.

If your passengers aren't car people they might not thing it's as much fun.
>>
I work at a VW dealer so I can say firmly after driving alot of them that the Jetta is absolute shit unless you get a GLI, which has the motor from the GTI. But still has all the bland and boringness of a Jetta. If you want VW get a GTI, loads more fun to drive and they are very comfy

We also had in a handfull of BRZ/FRS's and I was incredibly disappointed driving them after reading all the hype since they came out. Very harsh ride, literally no power to play with, lack of storage and a generally cramped feeling overall driving it

Never driven a Genesis but I wouldn't buy Korean gook shit ever, have heard good things about them though

Get a Lexus IS/BMW 335i if you want comfy, fast, nice interior and modding potential (with the 335i)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.