[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yuropoors, help an/o/n choose his next car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: yuroshitbox.jpg (576KB, 1012x1846px) Image search: [Google]
yuroshitbox.jpg
576KB, 1012x1846px
Need some help with choosing my next car. I've narrowed my search to few cars, but I wonder if you could redpill me on some of those.
So here's the list:
Citroen Xsara I
Ford Focus I
Peugeot 206
Mazda 323F BJ
Opel Vectra B
Renault Megane I
Nissan Almera N16

Which cars on this list should be avoided? Of course, all cars are considered with petrol and an engine larger than 1.4

inb4: yes, 3k civics also considered
>>
>>17865094
corsa gsi
>>
Fiero with a bodykit
>>
>>17865094
>Citroen
mass produced concept cars
>Focus
cheap, cheap and cheap. Get a mondeo
>peugeot
>Peugeot
>PEUGEOT
it's trash
>Mazda
it's reliable and looks cool. engine parts can be swapped with some fords of the same timeline
>Opel
It's a car manufacturer. Hasn't done anything noteworthy for quite some time
>Renault
megane's cool but twingo is /ourcar/
>Nissan
they can be expensive to live with.
>>
Focuses will be rusty, same for Mazdas.
Peugeots will have wonky suspensions but are dirt cheap to maintain/repair.
Citroen same as Peugeot.
Almera is also a Peugeot.
If you want a rusty panzerbarge go with an Omega over a Vectra, at least you'll have some RWD fun.
>>
>>17865094
>Citroen Xsara I
One of the first to ditch the hydropneumatics so it's not /comfy/ anymore, but a fine car nonetheless. Has some rally cred.
>Ford Focus I
Great handling, but fuck me do they rust. Parts are everywhere and they're plenty cheap to run.
>Peugeot 206
The beginning of Peugeot's downfall, although this was the first car to introduce the new styling so it was still fresh when it came out. Surprisingly good rustproofing, not very noteworthy besides that unless you can find a GTi or RC.
>Mazda 323F BJ
Pretty slick looks, reliable oily bits, you can put a V6 into them with relatively little effort if you really want. RUSTY though.
>Opel Vectra B
Anything but the Vectra, these things managed to be even more boring than any VW Passat and rusted like hell on top of that. Comfy though.
>Renault Megane I
Coupe was available with the same engine as the Clio Williams, which is cool. Renault knows how to build a good chassis too.
>Nissan Almera N16
These have all but disappeared where I live, which can't be a great sign. Don't really know much about them.
>>
>>17865094
>Citroen Xsara I
Average choice, I'd go for the 2.0HDI the engine is fucking bulletproof, we used to have a Xsara Picasso, lasted over 400 000k with no issues.
Go for 1.6 16V 109hp if you want a petrol engined one, the other petrols aren't bad but they're older.

>Ford Focus I
Probably the best of the cars you listed, no idea if you could find a good example however. Rust.

>Peugeot 206
Again 2.0HDI is probably the best choice, 1.4i is a bit underpowered imho.
The car itself is average imho, though probably the best in terms of styling, it still looks good.

>Mazda 323F BJ
No opinion but they seem to be ok cars

>Opel Vectra B
Looks good on the outside, but they have a fucking horrible ride.
I'd seriously consider the Astra over the Vectra in this case.

>Renault Megane I
Rides good but I'd stay clear away from it, they really aren't as reliable as they should be.

>Nissan Almera N16
Probably a decent car but I'd go for the Toyota Corolla over it.
For the record I drive a K11 Micra and if that's anything to go by expect rust.

Seriously look into the Toyota Yaris or even better the Honda Jazz if you can afford a good example.
>>
>>17865694
t. american with no clue
>>
>>17865094
>Citroen Xsara I
>Peugeot 206
I have PSA group car of the same period with a 1.4HDI: literaly 0 problems in 260k km but you're left with 69hp
>Opel Vectra B
my neighbour has one with the 2.2 diesel and 350k km but it is rusting away
>Renault Megane I
I had a 1997 model with the 1.6 8v petrol: a bit thirsty on gas (probably the 1.6 16v is better) and apart a few problems when it was still under warranty it's been quite reliable, just keep an eye on the water pump since it tends to fail very early causing the engine to overheat and the head gasket to blow (that's why I sold mine for scrap with only 220k km)
>>
>>17866104
>>17865968
Moral of the story is:

>go with the Diesel version of any car you listed
>>
You can add Stilo and/or Punto to the list, wonky suspensions and electrics but the JTD (or memejet if you can find a Grande Punto in your budget) is rock solid.
>>
>>17866137
Not necessarily, I wouldn't buy a Ford TDCI or the Opel's agricultural diesels from Isuzu.
>>
>>17865947
>these things managed to be even more boring than any VW Passat
This, modern Opels are boring as fuck to drive. New Manta when
>>
File: BBS_RS_Renault_Twingo.jpg (54KB, 874x599px) Image search: [Google]
BBS_RS_Renault_Twingo.jpg
54KB, 874x599px
Ford Focus
Mazda 323
Opel Vectra (if well maintained)

Reliable cars in that order. Fucking forget all others, especially the Megane. 206 is getting too old if you're poor.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.