[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Car.jpg (566KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Car.jpg
566KB, 1600x1071px
I have 2004 Eclipse that I really love. Should I invest money into it and fix it up a little, or buy a new car?
>>
Define fix
>>
>>17863493
It depends on overall condition of it, your budget and if money you're going to spend are worth it (for you, since you said you like it).

Are you going to "enjoy" it and then sell it on the long run or are you planning to sell it soon and mods are just to make it more appealing for buyers?
>>
>>17863493
If you truly love the car and that goes for any car money should not be an issue.
>>
>>17863530
It's running fine right now, it's very loud and the dash rattles or has a rattling sound coming from it at least. But I want to upgrade everything the engine and transmission get everything new, brakes, suspension. Then fix up the body a little because it has a few dents and the front bumper is discolored. The inside is kind of falling apart as well so I have to get new seats and take out the back ones because they are useless literally.

>>17863533
I plan on keeping this car for a long while. Like until I die maybe?
>>
>>17863493
alright. I have a question that will affect how I answer your reply. Is your Eclipse a 2.4L 4 cylinder or a 3.0L V6?
>>
>>17863549
If youre going to be that anal about a car then you should probably buy something newer unless you enjoy money pits.
>>
if you want a newer car go look for a dodge stealth. its a misubishi GTO (twin turbo v6 and AWD) but with dodge badge
>>
>>17863565
ignore this moron.
>>
>>17863556
I forgot to mention. It's the RS, 4 cylinder 2.4L
>>
>>17863604
modify it. to your tastes then. The V6 is a pain in the ass to do anything to and has no usable aftermarket support.
>>
>>17863549
I personally would reserve this level of love for something that had a higher chance of becoming a classic, but all the more power to you, OP.
>>
>>17863493
I owned an 03 Eclipse GT in Sarrano red and understand where you're coming from. Didn't love it like I love my Miata or my truck, but it genuinely was a nice car I'd love to own again.
>>
>>17863995
What has a chance of becoming a classic?
>>
>>17866621
Keep the eclipse as main car and get a VR4 to fix up and have for weekends
>>
>>17863604
Automatic or manual? I own a 2001 RS in automatic and really enjoy it. I just wish it was a stick.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.