[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redline me on Pontiac Fier/o/s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Going to look at a Fiero tomorrow, what do you think about them? Anything specific I should be aware of or look for?

>1986 Pontiac FIERO
>5 speed
>40,xxx miles
>Runs on starting fluid
>No time to look into it
>$800 call for more info

Guy runs a towing service, so that is convenient. He says it was last on the registered for 2012, guy passed away and the wife remarried and it sat in the garage, only got around to working on cleaning the garage now. They pushed it out and called the guy and had it towed away. No fuel pressure, but its rust free. Rats nest under the hood, but didn't get into the interior.

unironically need to use this as a DD at some point
>>
>>
File: 00N0N_5SKJJcni9f7_600x450.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00N0N_5SKJJcni9f7_600x450.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>
>>17861877
electrical gremlins, and fires
basically go through everything that could go bad and replace it, you gonna wrench it as a second car? totally fucking do it, its kick ass. if not, dont bother, youll be under it more than you are in it
>>
>>17861900
>fires
Haven't heard about that, what causes the fires?
>>
>>17861900
>fires
That's was only the first couple years
>>
>>17861877
Poor man's mr2
>>
>>17862018
Isn't an 86 within the first few years?
>>
>>17862073
No, the fire problems were fixed after '85. It was almost exclusively an '84 problem, and only with the 4 bangers.
>>
>>17861877
DO NOT fucking DD this car. even though you're only looking for positive reinforcement and will ignore the rest remember the warnings.
>>
>>17861877
You can estimate how bad the rust is on the frame by pulling the carpet back in the trunk. Note that the body is plastic, but the frame can still rust. the best place for Fiero related info is Pennocks Fiero forum.
>>
>>17861900
>>17862164
This. This Fiero (or pretty much any cheap 30+ year old car) is not going to be a DD. This is the kind of car you buy after you already have your $3k Civic and you want something that has actual torque to play around with.
>>
>>17861877

If it's got the 2.5 Iron Puke, don't bother -- Speaking from experience as an '85 Fiero owner with the 5-speed Isuzu tranny. If you can get the 2.8 as a manual with the Getrag then maybe, but you'll spend a little more. The 2.5 isn't worth it. It's anemic even when mated to a decent tranny, nothing too wrong with the Isuzu.
>>
>>17861928
It was an issue on 1984 model year early build 4 cylinders. There was a recall for it. Back in the 1980s. DOn't listen to anyone who bitches aboutu Fiero fires.
>>
>>17862763

Almost forgot to mention -- Yeah, I know you see people cramming 383 Strokers and 3.8 SCs in these things, but you REALLY have to love the Fiero to undertake something like that.
>>
>>17861877
>redline me
Nice forced meme faggot
>>
>>17862189

would you get a fireo over a miata as a second car?
>>
>>17862797

If we are talking 4 cylinders, it only has 90 horsepower and weighs more than a Miata. I think the V6 had 120, so still not a lot. Also, I'm pretty sure the handling components were all bargain bin stuff.

That said, I don't want to knock the car too much. As a kid in the 90's I always thought it was really cool seeing them on the road everywhere.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.