[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Importing a Soviet scooter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Vyatka-VP150.jpg (26KB, 475x342px) Image search: [Google]
Vyatka-VP150.jpg
26KB, 475x342px
Burger here, my friend in Ukraine is willing to ship me a Tula scooter for $300. It will be shipped in pieces through the mail. Is this legal or am I inviting the Feds to fuck me up the ass? I know for cars you require paperwork, etc. for legal importation.

also, East Bloc vehicle thread.
>>
>>17861753
>Fucked by the Feds for buying a scooter.
Burger Freedomâ„¢
>>
File: Tula_commercial_scooter.png (307KB, 470x314px) Image search: [Google]
Tula_commercial_scooter.png
307KB, 470x314px
>>17861758
they're fun. I got to mess around with my friend's one last time I went to Ukraine and it was bretty neat. He has a few of them now and is willing to send one my way.
>inb4 why not get a Vespa
because I have terminal slavaboo autism and I want a Tula.

>>17861834
US import regulations suck for just about everything and most of it is due to protectionism, welcome to life in the Free Marketâ„¢
>>
>>17861855
Free for corporations to fuck you, no freedom to choose other markets yourself.
>>
File: ural.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ural.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>>17861886
exactly. Obviously a true free market is impossible to create but it's insane that so many arbitrary restrictions exist simply because someone gave some congressmen blowjobs.
>>
>>17862812
Nice bike famalam.
>>
registering it? no? they won't give a fuck just like any other 49/50cc duimobile. yes? good luck without proper import paperwork. don't know if they'll go through the effort to crush it but it's a possibility.
>>
File: 1491505030626.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491505030626.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
>>17862969
unfortunately in my state mopeds have to be registered regardless of engine displacement if you want to use them on the road. I guess it'll have to be a yard toy until I move.

>>17862839
Urals are sweet, a K750 is definitely part of my dream garage.
>>
>>17861753
What year? I thought it was only verboten if it's 25 years old or newer.
>>
File: 1475288091903.jpg (525KB, 1936x1288px) Image search: [Google]
1475288091903.jpg
525KB, 1936x1288px
>>17867134
it's a Soviet-era scooter, it's in the clear as far as the Christmas-cake rule goes. My concern is that I'll be shipping it over via mail, it won't have any import papers and I'm uncertain whether it needs any or not. AFAIK cars require papers regardless of when they were manufactured.
>>
>>17867254
ok yeah ur fuked m8.
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/~/requirements-for-importing-a-vehicle-%2F-vehicle-parts
>If you purchase a vehicle that was brought into the U.S. and sold without being properly entered through CBP, that vehicle is subject to seizure.
>CBP requires that an entry be filed for the vehicle, at the port of entry.
>Without a copy of the CBP entry form, you will not be able to register the vehicle in the U.S.

Either do it right or don't post about it on a Scandinavian pickling forum that the government scrapes userdata from.
>>
>>17867331
fug, that's what I was afraid of.

>Either do it right or don't post about it on a Scandinavian pickling forum that the government scrapes userdata from.
true. I just wish the importation procedures weren't such bullshit, if I did it legally I'd end up paying thousands to own something that's practically worthless. C'est la vie.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.