[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is a old car a new car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4551.jpg (103KB, 507x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4551.jpg
103KB, 507x341px
>have old car
>over time replace every single part
>when is it considered a new/different car?
Is it when you've replaced the drivetrain? Is it when each part is swapped?

I think as long as the frame is the same, it's the same car. What do you think /o/??
>>
Not new. Refurbished.
>>
You see extensive restorations like this where entire frames and panels are replaced, and it's not the original car anymore because literally everything's been replaced
>>
Just replace your goddamned ship already, Theseus.
>>
>>17861566
Yeah, once the frames swapped it's a whole new car, not a refurbished car.

>>17861557
I was talking more about it being a different car, not like a 'showroom new' car.

>>17861596
Wut?
>>
>>17861602

Well, it'd have 1 true VIN unless you pull a fast one the next time you transfer/register it. Very common when guys fuse parts cars together into some abomination.
>>
>>17861602
>not knowing ancient riddles

Either bait or burger education
>>
>>17861545
You asked this shit last, quit shitposting or take it to /his/ where spergers like you can discuss meaningless shit like Theseus' Ship.
>>
>>17861626
It's the same ship gay boy
>>
>>17861619
>burger education

>>17861626
>getting this assblasted over a question
>everyone I don't like is the same person
>question related to cars is meaningless in a place where people talk about cars
Calm down faggot
>>
>>17861596
>>17861602
Parallel Lives, written by Plutarch.

The Ship of Theseus Paradox. It is the fun times.
>>
>>17861545
When it starts doing unpredictable and inexplicable "old car" things, and you get used to just putting up with it and trying to just call them "quirks" or a "personality."

Then one day you think about letting your mom drive it and you realize she'd have no idea what to do.
>>
>>17861738
>Then one day you think about letting your mom drive it and you realize she'd have no idea what to do.

Literally this, just two weeks ago
>>
>>17861545
>drivetrain
As long as there exists a part that is part of a chain that could directly trace its history to being connected to an original part or a part that was connected to an original part, the car is the same car
>>
Is a European country still the same country when you've replaced the entire population with islamic mudspawn?
>>
This is why VINs exist you fucking retards.
>>
>>17865835
No. In fact, even at 2% of the population Islamic takeover is extremely visible because of ghettoization and nepotism. See: London.
>>
>>17861545
Well your cells naturally die off and replace themselves every 7 years (iirc)

Are you a new person every seven years?

But pertaining to cars, my uncle has a small monster truck he likes to call the mudburban, it's his 7th gen suburban mudding vehicle. I wouldn't call it a suburban anymore.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.