[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hauling crap on a fiberglass topperr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: truckmat.jpg (35KB, 841x415px) Image search: [Google]
truckmat.jpg
35KB, 841x415px
hey, i want to haul in pallets, old couches and fridges and scrapwood to slab city DIY skatepark over the course of a couple weeks and can either borrow and install my girlfriends roofrack or i could just do something ghetto like this:
install tiedown hooks on the side of the bed
lay a box spring mattress on top or a number of movingmats over the top of my topper and then strap down whatever crap i want to put on top
i figure a boxspring would distribute the load evenly over the top of the arched roof. how much weight can one of these badboys handle? most fridgerators weigh no more thann 150lb, yeah?
>>
File: never-go-full-retard-tee_design.png (296KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
never-go-full-retard-tee_design.png
296KB, 600x600px
>>17860773
YOU ARE A IDIOT! take off the topper and use the truck dingus.
>>
how about you remove the fiberglass cover and use the truck bed.
>>
File: 1484598898228.jpg (347KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
1484598898228.jpg
347KB, 1328x747px
Depends on the topper, but generally wouldnt do it. Fibreglass bends and cracks, and a fridge will be quite heavy when you hit the bumpier part of the roads

Does the stuff not fit at all in the bed?
>>
>>17860773
It can be done if you brace the inside of the topper with 2x4's like in a mineshaft.
>>
>>17860826
>>17860856
Yeahhhhhh no, I don't feel like it.
>>
I store my belongings and sleep on the inside of my truck bed/canopy
how much weight can those roofrack/ladder-racks typically carry?
>>
>>17860773
Man if only someone made a vehicle with a open box attached to the rear end, that way you could haul all kinds of things.
>>
>>17861095
Have fun feeling like replacing your top then
>>
File: unsecured_load.jpg (29KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
unsecured_load.jpg
29KB, 620x349px
>>17860773
>hauling crap on a fiberglass topperr

You are trying to compete with this guy for dangerous loads on public roads. Refrigerators should go in the truck bed. Fiberglass camper tops are flexible and will want to splay apart when you put a load on their roof. If that happens, one side will try to slide off your truck. It only takes a slight slope to make the fridge want to fall sideways and cause someone else's car to wreck. Since you seem to be doing things on a zero budget approach, you'll have to hit-and-run when your fridge causes an accident. So at least make sure your fingerprints aren't on the fridge and the serial number plate is removed. Otherwise your hit and run might be more expensive than you bargained for.
>>
File: 20161011_130115_resized.jpg (404KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20161011_130115_resized.jpg
404KB, 1328x747px
>>17863801
I mean, why would he not just get a trailer to carry the extra stuff if all of it won't fit in the bed?
>>
>>17862997
Roof racks are anywhere between 50 and 200 lbs
>>
>>17861095
Then just stick the barrel of the nearest gun into your mouth and pull the trigger.

Don't fucking haul shit ontop of a fiberglass topper. It's not made to be load bearing. When it breaks, you'll wish you had just taken it off. Seriously, how fucking long does it take to pull it off? Use the damn truck bed, that what a truck is made to do.

50% chance this thread is straight b8
>>
Pull this off and you're giving the 19 year old deadbeat stoner's thread a run for his money.
But seriously, don't fucking do this.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.