[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good is soundproofing? I want to ruin my ears, but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4546.jpg (32KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4546.jpg
32KB, 512x288px
How good is soundproofing?

I want to ruin my ears, but I don't want every cop in a 3 mile radius to chase me with their meal tickets.
>>
>>17858264
Pro tip
>don't be a nigger that pounds his jams around town so that people a mile away can hear your cries for attention
>>
>>17858264
You planning on soundproofing the windows?
>>
>>17858285
I smell virgin insecurities.

>>17858294
Eventually.
>>
>>17858285
I bet your black friends love you.
>>
>>17858358
>>17858376
samefag
>>
>>17858380
>there are 5 posters in this thread
At least think for a second before you post, you moron.
>>
>>17858455
>>there are 5 posters in this thread
yeah, including you, faggot
>>
>>17858463
This is what happens when kids are raised without sesame street.
>>
You are sound deadening, not sound proofing.

If you want to do it, then you have two options. 1, You can buy dynapad and line the bottom of your cabin. Dynapad is a thick motherfucker, and weighs a lot too, but it will make your vehicle Rolls quiet inside. The downside to this is that dynapad is ill-advised if you are sound deadening for the improvement of music, as the pad actually absorbs resonating musical frequencies.

The 2nd, most effective method of sound deadning, is to buy LITERALLY any sound deadening. Dynamat, SoundSkins, Fatmat, Noico, it does not matter, just buy it and apply it. 36 sq ft is enough to mask the doors, trunk, and cabin floor of a mid-size vehicle. You're looking at about $100 for all this, and while you won't get the whisper quiet cabin that Dynapad will get you, you are still looking at road noise being more than halved which, if your car is a noise machine, is a good thing. It's not unheard of for people to see 3-6+ Db decreases after sound deadening. The added benefit of this is that you're not going to add anywhere near as much weight as dynapad, but you're still quieting your cabin.
>>
>>17858376
as if she has friends
>>
>>17858264
https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/products

you're welcome
>>
sound deadening only cuts out panel vibrations and does absolutely nothing to the outside of the car

you can hear my single 15 for like over a 1000 feet
>>
>>17863113
Their mass-loaded-vinyl that weighs one pound per square foot is probably full of lead. If you install the recommended amount, you have a hazmat car in my state.
>>
>>17858264
>How good is soundproofing?
Look up the previously posted /o/ threads on dynamat for comments about various different methods.
>>
>>17863773
"probably full of lead"

http://www.acoustiguard.com/products/soundproofing-walls-ceilings/mass-loaded-vinyl.html

^ proof that you're retarded

No one in their right mind would sell you sound deadening material made of lead. Especially a company like SDS that's been around for years. Jesus some people on this board really are stupid.
>>
>>17863429
That's because you're a faggot with a 15. You clearly want attention.

I bet your ported it too, fagmo.
>>
>>17864485
Wait, is lead effective? Maybe I should obtain some?
>>
>>17867900
it actually is
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.