[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good engine to learn modding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: images (14).jpg (30KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
30KB, 443x332px
What would be the best guinea pig engine? Doesnt need to be a 'good' engine just need to be dirt cheap and have an aftermarket. Was thinking hyundais alpha engine since whole engines are between $1-200 on ebay so if i fuck it its no big deal but theres next to nothing aftermarket as far as the engine goes so what else is there? (Live in aus so junkyard v8s arnt really a thing here)
>>
>>17857367
rotary
very moddable and cheap
>>
>>17857367
a shitty honda d series
>>
Any aircooled VW baja bug engines. Not even meming.
>>
>>17857389
this or any SBC or SBF
>>
Ford 302 windsor
>>
>>17857370
Not OP, but what are good sources of information on doritos?
>>
>>17857367
in aus? junkyard v8 is about 1200. or more cheaper to buy the car around it
>>
Although Honda or Toyota motors might be easy to come by, a Barra from any falcon or a an Ecotec from a Commodore are by far the cheapest for aftermarket and availability. There is a hell of a lot of support for the Barra though. Basically the standard motor is the same as an XR6 turbo and has 10000 performance parts for them with all the info you could ever need in english. Also super easy to work on and very reliable.

If you just want to fuck around on a motor to learn then go for the twin cam excel motors, not a lot of aftermarket support though, you could probably still turbo one fairly easy.
>>
>>17857367
Get an ecotec out of a rekt commonwhore or a 350 chev of you want cheap go fast parts to put in it. Not sure why you'd fuck around "modding" a piece of shit tho. It will cost almost as much doing a good motor and you'll have nothing to show for it at the end.
>>
>>17857513
literally pages and pages can be found on various forums by just googling rotary porting thread or similar.

You can do a heap of the modding yourself with power tools if you're game
>>
>>17857367
Honda B18
GM 2.2L Ecotec
Nisssn SR20
Ford Duratec 2.0L/2.3L
Chrysler 2.0L/2.4L Neon engine
GM 350 V8
Ford 302 V8
Chrysler 318 V8
>>
>>17857557
Yeah, figured forums would be the best option, but was wondering if there is like a wiki or something. I'm researching differences between engines for beginning.
>>
>>17857565
All of those are too expensive or not sold here, if it cost more than a $1000 its not worth it
>>
>>17857547
I like the idea of a barra, the trick would be to find an ex taxi engine where head hasent gone soft, would have to get another shell tho unless i chop my sexel, if its never gonna be regitered reckon itd be do able?
>>
>>17857554
Cos if i got a 350 id feel bad when i inevitably put 20psi in it and put a rod through the block
>>
>>17857654
Fuck me, m8. They're hardly a collectors item. Why do you even want to turbo on an old fucked motor?
>>
>>17857728
I never see em anywhere, LS1s are the only v8s i ever see for sale
>>
>>17857640
I literally have 3 whole 302's chilling in my back yard. You can find a decent block in the states for super cheap, and have it shipped for not that mich if you just shop around. (Btw pre 1984 302's can in fact handle well above 500HP, it's the post 1984 blocks that snap)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.