[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running costs of a 1989 Jaguar XJS with V12. Possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: jagwar.jpg (1MB, 3224x1929px) Image search: [Google]
jagwar.jpg
1MB, 3224x1929px
Running costs of a 1989 Jaguar XJS with V12. Possible?
>>
>>17855398
$250/hr
>>
>>17855398
More than you can afford pal
>>
>>17855398
There's an old guy who used to drive one to my church every Sunday, but he looked like the kind of guy who was too old to care about costs anymore.
>>
If you go down this road, make friends with brokenkitty.com and Johnscars.com You'll need it.
>>
Anything is possible, you're just making things difficult for yourself. Nothing wrong with playing car ownership on hard mode if you're willing to throw down stacks of cash.
>>
the worst part is it has a 3 speed auto.
archaic.
>>
>>17855492
You mean the best part. You can swap in a badass built Turbo-400 with a converter, or do a performance rebuild on the stock Turbo-400.
>>
>>17855648
The bellhousing on a Jag's TH400 and a normal TH400 are utterly different. If you're keeping the V12, you need to either rebuild the tranny you got, or get an adapter plate.

Honestly, the best course of action here, and I'm not just saying this to be obtuse, is to drop a built SBC and a built TH350 in one.

That way, you get all of the style and pizzaz of driving a Jag, with the reliability of a 1985 C10.
>>
>>17855686
Oh god, not an ADAPTER PLATE!!!1
>>
File: 1301095563831.jpg (24KB, 534x443px) Image search: [Google]
1301095563831.jpg
24KB, 534x443px
>>17855648
>buy a car whose selling points include it being a v12
>put a v8 in it
>>
>>17855398
I'm looking at a 1988 one, could I afford it as a weekend warrior while working part time as a student?
>>
>>17855901
No. Absolutely no
>>
>>17855901
if by weekend warrior you mean you fighting it every weekend in your garage, then yeah, its definitely possible
>>
>>17855398
if you buy a good one, not that bad. If you buy a cheaper shitty one you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>17855707
It's a 30 year old Jag... Only half the cylinders will be working on a good day anyways.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.