[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why toyota

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

Why did Toyota name this the Toyota 86 instead of just reviving the Celica nameplate or even if they still wanted the refer to the AE86 why not the Toyota Sprinter.
>>
for the tofu tax
>>
>>17854221
>celica
The tC was the last iteration

Besides, I see nothing wrong with it
>>
Celica doesn't command as much vape cred as '86.
>>
Cars sell better with letter and number names as it carries more prestige. This has been known and well-established for a while now. Car "names" are slowly becoming a thing of the past.

Also Sprinter can't be used because name conflict with the Dodge/Mercedes van
>>
>>17854221
>why not the Toyota Sprinter
because it's more of a distance runner honestly
>>
>>17854221
It's called the GT86, not just 86.
>>
>>17854278
GT stands for Gay Toyota.
>>
I still don't know why they called it the 86 and keep saying it's the successor to the ae86 all the damn time, yet when you put side by side they look NOTHING alike, like AT ALL

It looks ALOT more similar to the 2000GT, and am always amazed that they never really mention it very much, even though it's drawn heavily from it, more than the ae86shitbox.
I'm surprised they didn't call it something like the 4000 GT or Gt-4k/Gt-3k or something like that or the FR 2000 or something
>>
>>17854262
Is this also why Mazda dropped Miata from the MX-5 or was that another attempt to make it more masculine to sell to "Bro" croud
>>
>>17854262
>t. retarded bimmerfag
Everyone on this board wants a new Supra, a new mid-engine Corvette, a new Skyline, etc.
>>
>>17854298
Yes. But that's a slightly different case because it was always called the MX-5 everywhere but Japan and North America, plus the full name was "MX-5 Miata" here.
>>
>>17854292
It's probably where they got the "GT" part of "GT86".
>>
File: iHOgCXF.jpg (591KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
iHOgCXF.jpg
591KB, 3000x2000px
>>17854298
I think it's a bit of both

The new miata looks MUCH more luxurious than it should/needs to be
And it looks ALOT more masculine, so your regular boomer/gen X'er will see it and go..
>"oh a cheap, nice looking, none faggy looking roadster!" I could use it for the summer while I drive down Usui Pass! And make Harold and his saggy titted wife of 50 yrs jealous of my sweet convertible sportscar!!

>I DESERVE this car for taking shrapnel in the Gunma Prefecture in 52! Damn gooks! >:D
>>
>>17854292
When did they ever say it was a successor to the ae86.
>>
>>17854333
I knew they did, it just seemed more that they and the public in general focus more on the 86 part of it and the supposed connection to the Ae86 which at best seems loose, compared to the 2000Gt
>>
>>17854351
In almost every ad/car description in every racing game ever/ when Shigeno shilled for it hard in his shit animu/ the young car kids of today/ their own development team/ the ae86 festival..

I could go on and on, how much they've tried to market it as the "New" Ae86
You'd have to be living under a rock to not notice it, esp when they 1st came out.
>>
>>17854359
I guess because the original 2000GT was a super exclusive halo car, whereas the GT86 is much closer to the AE86 in terms of attainability.
That and the AE86 is a cult icon, the 2000GT is much more obscure among the younger crowd.
>>
>>17854359
when they first came out with it they focused on the 2000gt aspect of it pretty much equally with the ae86, but focused more on the ae86 aspect since normies and weebs care more about muh dagumi and dorifuto
>>
>>17854262
>he didn't buy a Jeep PATRIOT after 9/11
m8
>>
>>17854292
It is, internally, FR, independent rear suspension, that's it. It's styling might be based on the GT, but it's the successor to the AE86 in spirit. Also, you can NOT make the anything remotely similar to the AE86 design today, safety won't allow it
>>
>>17854519
>he didn't buy a Porsche 911 after 9/11
it was right there anon
>>
>>17854292
They mentioned the 2000GT as the styling inspiration and used it in marketing. Just see it as a combination of AE86 and 2000GT.
>>
File: frs_print_dfm_950.jpg (428KB, 950x634px) Image search: [Google]
frs_print_dfm_950.jpg
428KB, 950x634px
>>17855532
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.