[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with my car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1381964719375.jpg (41KB, 437x429px) Image search: [Google]
1381964719375.jpg
41KB, 437x429px
Okay /o/ so I picked my car up from the dealership Friday after they replaced the engine. Friday evening and Saturday the car ran preddy gud but this morning (Sunday) I was coming off the expressway and when I got to the red light my tachometer dropped to zero and the check engine light flashed rapidly a few times. I drove it back to the dealership even though it's Sunday because I was going to leave it there. I get there and park and then the car won't start.

I try several times within a 30 minute timeframe and the car finally starts. It seems okay and started up fine several times after that. I thought I would go ahead and drive it the rest of the day and hope that was just a glitch. But the tach dropped to zero again and CEL flashed and the acceleration started feeling wonky again. Drove it to the dealership again and parked it and left the keys since it wouldn't start again.

I'm just wondering if anyone might think they know what is wrong with this car. The original engine developed a rod knock and we had to hire an attorney to get the dealer to fix the car since it was a lemon. But it's still not fixed, obviously. I just hope it's a minor issue. They said the car was good to go Friday.
>>
>>17853581
Also could this be the technician's incompetence since the same one guy has worked on this car since we bought it.
>>
>>17853581
what the fuck does it even matter whats wrong with it? it's the dealers damn problem since they JUST "fixed" it.
>>
>>17853719
I'm just trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong with it. I don't want the car out of service for a long time again.
>>
mercy bump
>>
>>17854355
The mechanic obviously fucked up while putting in the new engine. The CEL flashing generally means theres a mis fire in a cylinder for whatever reason. Was it a brand new engine with 0km/m on it or a used one?
>>
>>17855189
Used. The CEL light only flashed rapidly 2/3 times right when the tach dropped to zero then the CEL went off and the tach stayed at zero. The drive then seemed a bit clunky.
>>
>>17855498
Mileage on the engine is 60k by the way.
>>
Without having seen the car, my guess is a poor earth somewhere. Sounds like your mechanic missed an earth strap or an earthing point and it keeps jiggling itself free causing the electronics to spaz out hard.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.