[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tuning N/A Volvo v40 1,8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 232868.jpg (71KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
232868.jpg
71KB, 900x600px
Hi, i was wondering if there are any possibillites to get a more power out of the v40(2004) without adding a turbo to it. I don't know a whole lot about tuning and all, and i've thought about chiptuning, but i don't really know if that would help much. I know that some of you are proabably thinking that i should have gotten the 1.9 turbo one, but there wasn't one for sale when i needed a car, so that's that.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and any (sensible) answers are much appreciated.
>>
Uhh, if you dont know much about tuning and dont want a turbo... a meme air filter maybe?

i know the 2.0 and 1.9 (that is actually also a 2.0) can do 250-300 with just more boost, but the 1.8 is the poverty spec

And since i have a 2.0T, my opinion is
they shouldnt really have over 200. It's more of a shrunken down V70 than anything else
>>
>>17852340
ah, the thing is that i actually like the car, aside from the power, and i've been looking at the v70r and t5, but there are only so many where i live (also price), and i thought i might could do at least something to get the power up a little bit. i could probably do a turbo, but there are strict regulations for what you can do about your car, and i dont have another car that i could use as a daily driver in the meantime as i imagine that turbocharging the car would probably mean that i cant use it for a couple of days since a install probably isnt done in 2 hours. but at that point, just buying another car that is actually turbocharged would probably be the better option.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.