[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people care about straight line speed at all? anybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1505015830912.jpg (204KB, 1414x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1505015830912.jpg
204KB, 1414x1402px
why do people care about straight line speed at all?

anybody can buy some mustang or challenger and be fast in a straight line

I'm faster than almost everybody I've seen on nearby mountain roads and my car isn't even that fast. Isn't it embarrassing to be that bad of a driver that you cant even keep ahead of a mr2?
>>
>>17850475
It's an increase in power without a corresponding increase in skill.
A skilled driver can mark better times in a race, even in a slower car. What's the easiest way to combat this if you lack skill?
Buy a vehicle with all it's power devoted to straight line bursts.

Now you're "fast", and you didn't have to learn shit.
>>
>>17850475
It makes me fucking pissed off whenever I see old people driving the cars that I want. They shouldn't have them, they don't understand how to take care of them.
>>
>>17850691
One day when you're old and can finally afford an Rx-7, people are going to say that about you.
>>
>>17850712
>when you're old
I plan on owning an FD by 25-30. 21 now.
>>
>>17850712
I took my car to a charity event last month and was the youngest owner there.
One of the guys should've been in a fucking wheelchair.
>>
File: 1501806410969.jpg (42KB, 535x208px) Image search: [Google]
1501806410969.jpg
42KB, 535x208px
>>17850475
I think this is the only place where I can outwardly say I 100% agree with you. I live in a city where all the roads are long and grid like so everyone drives their straight line speed domestics and 80% of them are autos.

Drag racing has its merits, sure, but something about "slamming on the gas pedal and doing nothing else" doesn't really scream "skill" to me.
>>
File: nice.jpg (24KB, 274x400px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
24KB, 274x400px
>>17850691
10th commandment
>>
>>17850734
I honestly feel like the Challenger Demon should have been a manual, as a way to make it a more "exclusive" car. But nope, gotta be an automatic because "it's faster" and make any uncoordinated chump think they're fast for just mashing the throttle.
>>
>>17850734
>I live in a city where all the roads are long and grid like
The Valley?
>>
>>17850475

so they can bully people on their commute by making loud noises and mercilessly over taking them
>>
>>17850475
>>
>>17850754

S-Stop asking questions
>>
>>17850475
lol
>>
>>17850475
Why do people care about street cars at all?

anybody can throw money into the engine bay or stick some big sticky tires on the car
>>
>>17850754
lol
I drive through there all the time.
Plus, I used to live there, so I know it pretty well.
>>
>>17850691
The car certainly seems to be in good enough condition.

Considering he's probably owned it for 20 years, I'd say he's a better car owner than you, and has earned the right to drive whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>17850475

I only care about straight line speed up to ensuring that I can win an on-ramp race against a normie. If my car can't outrun some dumb cunt in her FWD maxima, there's a problem.

For most people, however, it's the hedonic treadmill. You get used to 0-60 in 9 seconds after a while, so you want more. Then you get used to 8 seconds, then 7, then 6, 5, etc.
>>
I've resigned myself to caring more about straight line speed because I live on flat land with no twisties, and I don't really have the money/room to either get a dedicated track car or mod and put that kind of wear and tear on my DD.

Feels bad.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.