[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it time for gas powered cars to be banned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: F-450_coal_rolling_Monster.jpg (109KB, 330x377px) Image search: [Google]
F-450_coal_rolling_Monster.jpg
109KB, 330x377px
Now, with the advent of electric caflrs, we should ban gas powered cars because they destroy the environment. That's just a start, though. When self-driving cars become good enough in about a decade, we should ban people from driving cars. It's the responsible thing to do. What say you, /o/?
>>
>>17848641
Nah, wait until electrical cars with automated battery changing stations are commonplace. You need to be able to swap out a battery for more range on trips.
>>
>>17848641
Nigga that is some weak ass bait
>>
>>17848641
We should just ban certain people, like you for being to stupid to think or make decisions for yourself...
>how ya like that faggot???
>>
Cow farts destroy the environment more than cars do. Which is more necessary? Cow farts or gassy vehicles? You choose.
>According to the United Nations, agriculture is responsible for 18% of the total release of greenhouse gases and cattle are a major contributor to this figure. A Japanese study showed that one kilogram of beef produces 36.4 kilograms of CO2, while an average European car emits the same amount for every 250 kilometers it drives, which is a huge difference! In simple terms, rearing cattle causes more damage to the atmosphere than owning a car.
https://www.scienceabc.com/nature/cows-contribute-global-warming-cars.html
>>
>>17848641
>we should ban gas powered cars because they destroy the environment

So does the manufacturing of batteries for EVs. And how about charging? If your charging station isnt running on 100% renewable energy, youre still contibuting to the polution. Fuck you
>>
File: IMG_2253.png (81KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2253.png
81KB, 624x628px
>>
>>17848641
If you want to make some impact on the enviroment, start putting some restrictions on ships and boats.
Big cargoships pollute like a motherfucker.
>>
>>17848762
>renewable energy doesn't polute
>>
>>17848787
I mean it only further proves his point, even renewable energy polutes
>>
>>17848641
Ban gas cars? No. EV technology hasn't advanced enough to be a valid option.

Ban people from driving outside of closed courses? I'm all for it.
>>
>>17848749
The average German car owner drives 15000 kilometers a year, which equates to 60 kilograms of beef, and eats 13.1 kilograms of beef a year.

The average American car owner drives 25000 kilometers a year, which equates to 100 kilograms of beef, and eats 58.0 to 79.3 kilograms of beef a year depending on the source of information.

In neither case do the beef emissions rival the vehicular emissions, and even if they did I'd rather become vegetarian than stop driving, it's just too damn practical.

And no, Americans don't eat six times as much of anything as Germans do. Germany's main meat is pork, while in the US beef gets consumed at a somewhat higher rate than pork. Americans do however consume two and a half times as much meat overall.
>>
Nope, but we should ban refining of fossil fuels, stopping the emission of additional carbon and other pollutants and greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and triggering the technological advancement in synthetic fuels made from atmospheric carbon and oceanic hydrogen using renewable energy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.