[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Engine swap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: jeepclassic.jpg (97KB, 963x597px) Image search: [Google]
jeepclassic.jpg
97KB, 963x597px
So, I have this xj cherokee with piece of shit italian engine vm motori 2.5 td which is total shit. I am seriously looking up to swap engine with japanese engine and japanesd automatic trans. We have plenty of 1 kz, 1uz, 2jz etc etc My question is which one out of japanese engines fits without problem into xj. I want to lift it as tall as it possible with rough country lift kit. I drive like a pensioner and take car of a car but this pile of a shit is beyond saving. I am not from the usa nor yuroop
>>
>>17846600

Just find an AMC 4.0, it will be far easier to swap.
>>
>>17846621
I read that they have overheating problems, is that true?
>>
>>17846627

No its literally a factory engine for the XJ lel. I rescind my first post. Sell your XJ and buy one that already has it.
>>
>>17846600
I want to do the same as you, i already have a fully functional, driveable 97 ls400 with the 1UZ engine, 4 gear automatic trans.

I haven't done much research, mainly because this project is 2-6 years down the road(I've already got a Honda Accord wagon that needs a new motor and proper paint).

But when the Honda is done, I'll be looking for either a 2nd gen 4runner or a 2 door jeep Cherokee to put the UZ into.

If I change my mind I will probably look for a stock Suzuki Samurai and immediately begin upgrading the drivetrain, steering, suspension and brakes, or just a bone stock Ford Bronco and leave it the way it is, maybe just a rear end job.
>>
>>17847049
Engine swap garagemen told me that they can do swap in 2 weeks and 1 week for test drive
Why it is 6 years in your case?
I am lifting it not for offroading call me whatever you want. But since i live in turd world sometimes flood happen also roads are bad here without even moab desert trail
>>
>>17846627
Yes if you're doing intense offroading with weird gearing in a place like california or arizona. A small intercooler or rad upgrade normally solves that.

>>17846600
OP swap a diesel. It'll be worth it if you're doing good offroading.

Rough country does okay lifts.
>>
>>17846600
Get a 4.6L I6 stroker if you're doing any swap.
>>
>>17846600
put a FUCKIN RB on it
>>
>>17846600
b-b-but, the VM 425 is a good motor?
I'd swap in a late model 2.8 Duramax out of the modern Colorados, which itself is actually a VM Motori 428 based on the same architecture as the 2.5. Dunno if engine mount bosses cast into the block are the same... Probably not
>>
>>17846600
I would drag my dick through a fucking mile of glass shards for a diesel XJ.
Fuck you OP
>>
File: 1grfe.jpg (492KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1grfe.jpg
492KB, 2048x1536px
1GR-FE with 5 speed auto.

4.0L V6, insanely reliable and under-worked engine. My friend's 4Runner currently has 310,000 miles - original guts and all.
>>
>>17846600
the only real answer is to 4bt swap it OP
>>
>>17846600

There is only one answer

4.0 stroker
s
t
r
o
k
e
r

Or a GM 5.3 if you're looking for a junk yard V8.
>>
>>17851085
Waste of a B series Cummins IMO. There's absolutely nothing on the XJ suited to it.
>>17851091
This. Although you'd be better off selling your existing diesel XJ to someone who appreciates it for a premium, and buy a junker with the 4.0 already fitted.
>>
I'm potentially looking at replacing my motor too, 98 XJ, mostly stock. The 4.0L has been overheating, and I've done everything aside from opening up the block to look around.

Thinking about even upgrading just because. Golen Motors up in new hampshire makes a 4.6L that puts out like 270 HP.

Would an engine like that be more prone to overheating? I only drive highways and city.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.