[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scooters with jets.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: AT1M50-A1-2.jpg (101KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
AT1M50-A1-2.jpg
101KB, 500x460px
Okay /o/ People are telling me that i'm insane for trying to do this, I've bought a Taotao50 scooter and trying to save enough money to buy 2 jetcat p300 turbine engines and attaching them to the scooter, I mean there's no regulation preventing me from doing it and it's technically not a turbo kit and more of a source of trust than anything else. I was also thinking of putting a big bore kit in the engine so it would go faster. Maybe do drag racing with it. Tell me am i crazy for trying to do this?
>>
at least use something that's not a gook scooter
also you'll probably die
>>
>>17846065
Fuck it, why not?
>>
File: Beetle jet.jpg (102KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Beetle jet.jpg
102KB, 800x600px
>>17846065
The problem is that scooter engines are sometimes attached to the rear suspension, and you can't do that to a jet engine. No need to use two turbines either.
>>
>>17846065
if you can do it to a bike, it's doable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GlocFzRqQw
>>
>>17846069
>a gook scooter
Reason why i bought it, If anything goes wrong during testing and i destroy the bike, it won't cost me too much.
>>17846073
I was actually thinking of using reinforced steel beams or tubing and attach it to the main steel frame. so that way i don't damage anything in the process.
>>17846071
Hell yeah.
>>17846079
Nice one step closer to the dream.
>>
>>17846065
Scooters are fucking awful for aerodynamics and balance, they aren't allowed on highways for a reason. You'd be flipped over within seconds.
>>
File: sadsad.png (592KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sadsad.png
592KB, 600x600px
>>17846091
So what your saying is that i should use a motorcycle instead? Okay done deal.
>>
>>17846099

"Get a real bike" is the only answer you'll ever get if you bring up scooters on this board. I think most posters here don't even own vehicles.

I think a jet powered scooter is a silly idea, which is why it must be done. I dunno how you'll carry fuel but I demand youtubes when you do this.

If it were my money though I'd put the short case 150cc motor on the 50cc and do 70 all day. I've ridden that exact bike before and it's so anemic up hills I wanted to murder it. 150 or better can actually keep up with traffic. You can get the complete engine/transmission for like $350 new and big bore from there up to like 230cc. The 100cc big bore just makes it slightly less painful.

I spend a lot of time around chinese scooters. People hate on them but they're cheap and easy to work on. I've had a couple I got literally for free and fixed for $40 or less.
>>
there was that vid on liveleak with the russian dude who did this successfully
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.