[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audi A5 or A6 ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: a6_and_a5__6_.jpg (37KB, 630x407px) Image search: [Google]
a6_and_a5__6_.jpg
37KB, 630x407px
Audi A6 vs A5. Which one? I'm on a budget and I can get a nice 2011 A5 Sportback, but should I? For the same price I can get an A6 2008/2009.

But damn does the A5 look good.
Help me with my choice. Any owners here that can point out the pro's and con's in both models?
>>
>>17845229

If you like the idea of "Four Door Coupe," and A5 looks good to you. Buy A5. Otherwise, A6.
>>
>>17845229
BMW 4-series or 5-series, Mercedes C-Class, E-Class or CLS. Don't waste your money on a glorified Passat.
>>
A5 is based off of the A4(Golf), so the A6(Passat) should be better.
>>
>>17845908
The Passat literally uses a stretched Golf platform. It's no "better".
>>
>VAG
>>
>>17845229
Get a car that isn't flashy show off bullshit that'll break in 2 years. Unless you're leasing of course.
>>
BMW/Benz drivers = healthy competitive mingle. Respected brands and informed drivers.

Audi = nobody likes you, a literal douchebag car. Not jealous, it's objectively worse in every single way. Until you can justify why you chose an audi over a bmw/benz, you will forever be mocked.
>>
>>17845993
Adding to this "muh quattro" is not a valid justification. 4Matic > quattro.
>>
Well this is certainly turning out to be a rational thread full of intelligent thoughtful discussion amongst mature adults.
>>
>>17845229

A5
>Cramped in the back
>Small boot
>Poor visibility
>Smaller engines available so it won't break the bank as much as an A6

A6
>"Too poor for an A8, too rich for an A4". There is hardly any difference between the A4 and and the A6, apart from size.
>Too large for the regular european city
>Interior is too damn simple

So if you want a comfortable anonymous limo then the A6. If you want a stylish, but impractical "show-off" car then the A5.

Besides, the A6 is one class above the A5. You should be comparing the A6 with the A7. The A5 is the 4-door coupe variant of the A4.

Given how shit modern cars are, I'd say go for the 2008 A6. The less technology the less the time spent in the repair shop.
>>
>>17846048
>The less technology the less the time spent in the repair shop
It's a 10 year old Audi, it'll spend most of its time in the shop anyway.
>>
>>17846053

It's not as much of an garbage as the modern stuff which barely lasts the warranty.
Guy I know bought a new 2015 Golf, changed 3 engines in 60k km and demanded his money back. They fully refunded him.
>>
>>17845229
>I'm on a budget
>which 7 year old Audi should I get?

Make sure you have enough left over for a bus pass.

But most A5 drivers get sick of it after some time. The car sells based on its looks
>>
>>17845229
get an s6 with the v10 or s5 with the v8.
>>
>>17847536
>unironically suggesting TIMING CHAIN GUIDES meme machines
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.