[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Thoughts?
>>
I've owned one for about 8 months now.

I'll start off by saying I would not buy this car new. MSRP was above 20k for the base model, which is asking way too much for what you get. I paid 12k for mine used, and I think it's very much worth that much for what I got.

If your priority is MPG, this is not a good option because although it reflects the Honda Insight, it only gets about 2/3rds the MPG at best. What it gets in return however is a platform that is ready for modifications, custom bodywork, entertainment systems, suspension setups. check out what you can get form kamispeed, HKS, and Spoon for this car and youll be pretty impressed that this car has the aftermarket it does.

I have an HKS catbakc exhaust on mine, with a Takeda AFE intake which makes the car louder and fun to hoon on my commute. this car stock is not remarkable, but for what I need a car for its perfect.

2 seater, never had to drive more than one person in my last car that seated 4 so I didnt see a reason to get a big car.

15kw hybrid IMA system that uses Li-Ion in the 13'+ models which is much better than early hybrids. not amazing but you can feel it kick in when you need it.

low center of gravity, very little body roll due to hevay batteries.

breaks traction very easily bone stock, first FWD i ever got to do a burnout. I don't like this though, i feel that the stock suspension/wheel/tire setup is far too slippery.

its small, I can park it anywhere.

Huge hatch trunk, find a pic/video online.

to actually have fun in this car you need to keep it in "sport mode", which has very touchy throttle response but is fun to drive. gas saving mode is sluggish, but great for stop/go driving.

I like the body styling. its more interesting in some subtle ways but is also not flashy, can blend in not draw too much attention. very unisex body styling not too aggressive not to round and bubbly either.

Mod ready. literally has stock harness mounts behind the driver and passenger seat.
>>
>>17845022
Is your CRZ black?
>>
>>17845022
So in short, it can either be a utilitarian sleeper build, as well as a ricer wet dream.
>>
>>17845024
yeah
>>
>>17845022
Checked, this was also insightful thank you.
>>
>>17845027
Hi Justin
>>
File: no this is Patrick.jpg (582KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
no this is Patrick.jpg
582KB, 2048x1360px
>>17845030
No this is patrick
>>
>>17844910
>hybrid
no thanks

Looks sexy though otherwise.
>>
what a waste of a good design.
>>
File: 1483895701361.jpg (496KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483895701361.jpg
496KB, 1600x1200px
>>17844910
copypasta
The CR-Z was a great idea ruined by a shit execution.
They wanted to jump on the retro train with the Beetle, Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, Thunderbird, and Mini. They got the looks spot on to make it a retro CR-X.
Every other decision that followed though was disastrous.
They decided to use the Honda Fit chassis. This completely ignored the fact the CRX used the Civic chassis and that the C in CRX stood for Civic. They should have used the 8th gen Civic platform instead. They could have made the Fit platform to work, but they didn't modify the suspension in any way
Then they made it a hybrid instead of giving it the K-series it deserved in hopes of stealing some sales from the immensely popular Prius. Let this be a lesson kids. Don't combine modern fads with retro styling. It doesn't work.
The car is too heavy and to focussed on being sporty to be a good hybrid. Fuel economy numbers are identical to that of a non-hybrid Fit. And it's too focussed on being a hybrid to be any good at being sporty and fun.

So the end result was an overweight monster to heavy and too neutered to be fun and the only thing good about it are its looks.

So how do you fix this? Simple. Buy a Honda Insight and K-swap it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.