[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW COME YOU'RE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FUEL YOUR CAR WITH WATER?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: jeiq4qqfu9kxirkhhkno.jpg (45KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
jeiq4qqfu9kxirkhhkno.jpg
45KB, 400x300px
Well? ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHIN?
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-assemble-a-HHO-Generator-and-why-it-works/
>>
Doesn't make enough power, and burning fresh water is probably a magnitude worse than burning gasoline.
>>
>>17844023
HHO is actually something like 10x more explosive than gasoline and burns cleanly back into h20.

I've always toyed around with the idea of a turbo like generator specifically for HHO production. Maybe when I get some hobby money just for shits and giggles to see how well it works.
>>
>>17844053
Energy density is what you have to look at, both by weight and by volume.
Hydrogen is only viable as a fuel when stored in a highly compressed state. This is the real reason why they have never caught on anywhere. Storing hydrogen is incredibly difficult, and its only viable for automotive use when stored at pressures high enough to make it a literal bomb.
>>
Anyone who passes a high school level chemistry or physics course realizes why you can't use electrolytically cracked water to power a fucking engine.

It has something to do with efficiency and this process you're proposing being having over unity efficiency requirement on par with the scammers and retards you see on youtube gluing magnets to a wheel for perpetual motion.
>>
>>17844053
Black powder is more explosive than smokeless powder yet we can get more power out of smokeless.
>>
File: 1486955321383.jpg (50KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1486955321383.jpg
50KB, 800x820px
>>17844000
>not fueling your car with memes
>>
>>17844000
>lets start using an even more scarce and precious resource than oil for fueling our cars because less emissions
People like you will be the end of humanity.
There already is not enough fresh water on earth for all the people living on it and you want to start putting that shit into cars?

Fuck you.
>>
>>17844000
>Browsing Jalopshit
>>
File: aliens.png (427KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.png
427KB, 553x484px
>>17844146
Desalination man. And then you can power those plants with the fresh water you create too. FREE ENERGY!
>>
>>17844104
Hydrogen doesn't have to be compressed to be useful, plenty of guys run engines off of it right after it is produced in a wet or dry cell. Problem is most of the tards on YouTube run the cells off of the car battery and obviously this defeats any purpose HHO would have in efficiency due to the engine producing the power needed to produce the hydrogen.

That's why I mentioned a turbo like setup that captures wasted exhaust gas energy, though I'm not sure how efficient it would actually be. Best case scenario it would improve fuel economy once a proper tune is in place to use less gasoline once hydrogen is injected. Those HHO conspiracy videos on YouTube never seem to change any fuel maps when they present their grand ideas as well, it's mostly rednecks with no real knowledge on how engines operate.
>>
>>17844148
OP here, if you recognize that image that means you read it too faggot
>>
File: hlssw10lppxhdvvi75oo.jpg (51KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
hlssw10lppxhdvvi75oo.jpg
51KB, 636x636px
>>17844349
>Using 4chan
>Not being a hypocrite

Also what is reverse image search
>>
>his engine doesn't have a methanol-water injection system
lmao
>>
>>17844000
>Instead of using your giant car battery to power an electric motor, you can add another stage of energy change be even less Efficient by using the electricity to spilt water molecules for fuel.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.